Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I make an offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a specific (plural) domain 2 word 18 letter generic but purpose specific.

I wish to use it but would rather have the (singular) in my posession first.

So, I contacted the owner, and requested if it was for sale.
The reply was yes and for a grand.

Now, if I were to try to sell the plural, I might be able to get ten bucks.

Does having the singular and plural create a pair more or less valuable than the parts.

IE if I spend a grand on this name I want, plus the less-than-ten I spent on the plural, could The value for the pair make feasable spending the grand,

or

Since his name is probubly just as valuable as mine, maybe a bit more becouse of it being singular, how might I determine how much a 'fair' offer would be...without scaring him off with a low-ball offer?

Thanks for any and all input.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To get a good answer, you are going to have to tell us the names. Otherwise, how could we know what is fair?

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he is expecting a counter offer so how bout trying that route first.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the names? Pretty much impossible to help without them.

I have this car, and it's blue, what's it worth?

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
I have this car, and it's blue, what's it worth?

Reg fee. :laugh:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Without knowing the name (who can blame you!) you are on your own as to whether values will be right - bottom line is how much is it worth to you?
Is it worth telling him that you think $1k is too high for the name but you would go to $500 - then be prepared to settle for $750?
It still means you might pay $750 for a $15 name but if you want the name and you are happy with the end price that's your business.
Having plural and singular is better that just having one but isn't likely on its own to greatly increase the value (except on some really good names).
He will probably be expecting you to offer lower.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No, to the members here the value obviously is not anywhere near that amount, myself either, but yes I know that what is it worth to me. And is is worth more to me than reg fee for the application I intend.

No, I will not give the name, as its obvious it would be reg fee to you folks. (see posts above) I am not looking for an appraisal, but advice on how to negotiate his price down considerably, without being told ...naw nevermind.

I know he is expecting a counter offer, and I will, but this is where I stand...

Since you folks are in the biz, and I know you wouldnt pay reg, I believe to me its worth a couple a hundred, but not a grand, and not 500. Since he offerred a grand he prob is expecting 500 counter or something like that.

Would any of you major name holders, with an name you want a grand for, accept a 500 offer, If I were to want one more name with it to make the deal happen. IE I could be comfortable paying half his offer if he were to throw in another (reg fee) name to make the deal.

I am just looking for a little buyer advice from the folks in the seller realm.

(no this is not a name anyone here owns I can be sure in saying)

Thanks for everyones input.

Seanster

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark, having both has got to be more valuable then its parts. Just think of the value of if you had the singular, and somebody had the plural and was sucking lifetime customers from you at the pop of a few a month. Then if he somehow bad mouthed you at the same time, then it becomes priceless from the cost of damage control.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, blast from the past. 9 years ago? :)

But yes i do agree now,... and as a note, I never was able to get a price agreed, so it never happened.

(What was this? my first thread lol? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom