Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do I price banner ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the following stats:
http://www.biblelounge.com/stats.gif

Was wondering how to price advertising for the site. I have read about cpm and etc., but don't know how to apply it to these numbers.
I have never charged for advertising and now have advertisers wanting to advertise, which is good, but I need advice.

Thank you.

Domain Days 2024

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, for a good start, you may wish to consider banner ads that stay on pages for a defined period of time.

say for "example",

Header Banner = rotating = Shown on every page! ~ $80 for 10 days
Premium Banner = rotating = Shown on all category pages! ~ $40 for 10 days

The above is just an example. Or you may negotiate with the other party for their advert budget, or what they are looking out for.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you, did you base that price on the traffic I have? If so, is there a formula to come up with the price?
I was told $2 per 1000 cpm, but based on my traffic, could get pricey for some folks. I didn't want to come off too high, but don't want to scare people being too cheap.
I believe the traffic is valuable, but don't want to undervalue it with budget rates.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, that is if you have afew advertisers, and the format is rotating ads. Some different ideas for ads placement, you may wish to have a look at hardwarezone.com.

If this is your first advertiser, you properly may wish to try out with a short term ad placement to allow both parties to see the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom