Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Heres the situation. I have a friend that has been hosted by another person for years now and she wants to switch away from him. The problem is the web guy she hired has all the info for the site and if she tells him her plans, he will hold her hostage for the design which she paid for.

Now I can download the home page and that stuff, but there are countless pages with photos and other links. Is there a program that I can use to go to the site and pull all the HTML, photos, everything there so I can just set her up with a mirror site? I want to be able to just download the old site, and FTP everything to another site name so she can have control over her new site and still have her content.

K

kingdon

Does this just pull everything from the site without having to have access to their files. I need something that spiders and collects everthing and then stores it in the same manner it was found. Would this wget do it?

netznutz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sure it does. as long as all resources are linked
with each other.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im sure there are plenty of webspiders on download.com that will crawl through the pages and archive all the files.

K

kingdon

Very cool, thanks, I'll download it now and run it. Thanks for the quick responses!!!!!!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
kingdon,

Is the web site hosted on a Unix account with shell access? If yes, then one wth access to the account can log into the server remotely (using telnet/SSH) archive and compress all the files in one single file and then FTP that, ready to be transferred and unzipped with all file permissions intact to a new host.

If you need help, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom