Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do search engines look at certain words ending in ing, ed, ly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaveDots

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello again.

My original post for this question wasn't worded very well and was confusing. Hopefully, this rewrite will be easier to understand:

I've heard variations on the advantages and disadvantages of using hypenated domain names. One perspective is that search engines like hypenated words because words that are separated by hypens are easier for them to read (I'm talking about one hyphen between two words, not multiple hypens). I've also heard the opposite, and that it's better to stay away from them altogether.

Also, I'm trying to get a clear understanding of how search engines handle compound words, and words that are adverbs, verbs, etc (use of i, e, u, ing, er, ed, ly, etc...). If anyone can point me to a thread or a read for this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

HaveDots

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dug around on the forum some more and found a couple of really old threads (2003, 2006, and 2007) about the use of hyphens. From reading the comments, it's obvious that hyphens are very controversial. Many factors, many experiences, and many different opinions on the subject. Most of my questions were addressed in the threads, but if anyone has anything more updated to add, I'd be glad to get the info. Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom