Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how do you decide best typos

Status
Not open for further replies.

saatmarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is there any study about how we can decide which is the best typo for a domain.
Lets say dog.com

what's it's best typos forexample 1 st one and the second and the third.
please let us know.
in my opinion it can be
dogg.com
dpg.com
sog.com
wwwdog.com

how do we understand which is popular mistype?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
overture keyword selector tool is a good indicator

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
overture keyword selector tool is a good indicator
I never use it. But it sounds prety good

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it will tell you how many times something was searched on at overture/yahoo, inclucing typos, the last month , go to keywordbox.com and you will have several countries keyword selector tool to choose from.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Generally, short domains have far fewer typos.

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
it will tell you how many times something was searched on at overture/yahoo, inclucing typos, the last month , go to keywordbox.com and you will have several countries keyword selector tool to choose from.

just to have in mind : check OVT with a software from your pc OR OVT web site. Some of those sites are logging your searches and capture the dn's with score

saatmarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i know overture but no experience. Can you expectly tell me that if i see on overture score 300 for a mistyped name. what it means. will the domain it self get 300 visitors for 3 months visitor or less ? i need good sample. thanks for the answers.

saatmarket

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
spinlock it's very cleverly. Thanks. is there other tips for it?
can we say most mistypes occurs
sad.com mistypes more possible then wiz.com am i right?

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I usually use the moniker delete service that allows one to test for 25 cents. If I get few traffic then I keep it otherwise I delete it.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
saatmarket said:
i know overture but no experience. Can you expectly tell me that if i see on overture score 300 for a mistyped name. what it means. will the domain it self get 300 visitors for 3 months visitor or less ? i need good sample. thanks for the answers.

OVT score
An ovt score of 300 means that the exact same term you checked was searched 300 times on the yahoo network in the given month.

Expectations from an OVT domain
A general expectation is that if a typo has an ovt w/ext 300, you can expect to have around 300 visitors a month, although many times this may not be true at all. You may register a domain with ovt 30 and get 300 uniques amonth and you can reg a domain with 300 ovt and get 30 visits/month. Generally my advice is, register every domain that has ovt over 30 and park it, these type of domains usually pay for themselves.

Typo research
About your question on how to find typos, there is a little magic program called Stypo, you can get it at www.stypo.com(costs $50). What this program does, is check all possible typos of a domain name, give you the overture score and will show you the availability status. I use this program all the time and it reduced my research time 50x.

Where to get the best price for domain names?
There are many registrars out there and you have a big selection. What you have to concider when chosing the right one, is security, reputation, price, customer support(preferably 24 h+telephone) and how easily you can push a domain to a new owner.
Moniker.com is my choice number one. They get 10/10 for all the above criteria. Plus, if you send them an email, telling them that you are a DNFORUM member and convince them that you will buy all your names from there, they will give you special pricing for all domains(example: $6,95 /year for .com and .org, $5.95 for .net ).

Don't waste your money on useless domains. Test them first
As another member already mentioned, moniker.com has a new service which is very cost efficient for the typo business. They will let you test drive the domain name and refund you your fees if you don't want it. More specifically, they will let you test the domain name in a 4 day grace period(tesing in their parking service, Trafficclub) and if you see that you don't get enough traffic, then you just delete it. Moniker will then refund you all your money back, minus a $0.25 process fee.

How to determine if you must keep the domain or not, after having tested it
If the domain name makes more than $0.02 per day on average, it means that in one year it will pay for itself and will bring slight profit. Start buying domain names that make more than that/day. The more you buy, the more yearly revenue you get.

I hope that helped.

If you decide to join moniker, please PM me, I'll give you my partner code, it will buy me a :beer_yum: :peace:

Petros

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom