Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you determine 60-day transfer lockdown status at GD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a couple domains with offers that I recently moved to GoDaddy. It has not yet been 60 days there though I'm not 100% sure since I've been moving many from enom.

If the buyer wants to transfer it out, how do we determine when the 60 days is over? I don't see anything in the WHOIS except "Registry Status: ok" and, of course, "last updated date."

Thanks in advance!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if GoDaddy could clear this up and explain the reason for the 60 day lockdown it would help.

allowing a push within the godaddy system would be a good start.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I knew I could push within GD within 60 days. What I'm hoping to find out is how to determine ICANN's 60-day post-transfer status.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think you're confusing a few things.

ICANN's 60 day rule affects new registrations or a change of registrar.

GoDaddy's 60 day rule is for any kind of ownership change, as little as changing the owner's email.

While you cannot transfer a newly registered domain to another registrar unless 60 days have passed since its registration or transfer, you can transfer it to a new owner (with the exception of some dropcatching services like Namejet's eNom domains).

Last edited:

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Again, there was a registrar change 35-45 days ago so technically they should be locked down and unable to be moved to another registrar, correct?

I'm not referring to where every time we change the reg or contacts we add 60 days.

I'm simply trying to locate where in the domain record it says it is locked down due to registrar change and where it says when that ICANN-mandated hold expires.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The date of registrar change, also known as last transfer date, determines the ICANN-mandated 60-day lockdown.

Now, bear in mind that it's in the hands of the current registrar to enforce it or not. I personally know of a single instance that the rule was bent, and not due to any legal reasons but simply because of the registrant's connections :D

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool. But that's the problem. I don't know the dates there were transferred. I can guess within a couple days but need to be exact so I can tell my buyers when they can be moved. It's likely the date the record was last updated but I made some corrections due to problems with the fields when transferring from enom so I'm not sure. :(

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM me the domains.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would just give godaddy a call. they are pretty helpful on the phone most of the time.

sellingonline

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are pretty helpful on the phone most of the time.

and not helpful at all all of the other time........ (sorry, but it's the sad truth)

and at the end, to wait even 15 minutes on the phone just to find out a date is ridiculous - are we doing online business or offline/tele-sales here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom