Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do you find out where traffic comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can a person verify traffic to a website if they don't actually own the site? I mean other than Alexa?

Thanks.

Tyler

aapinsha

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
check marketleap.com

Hey

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marketleap isn't exactly traffic though . I bought a domain I saw with tons of good links but when I bought it I was mad because it got like 3 visits a day :-(

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Tylerb,

Traffic numbers are easily inflated via proxy servers, URL forwards, fake clicks, etc.

So can you really “verify” traffic? Probably not! And thus you are always assuming an additional risk when buying “traffic” domains.

You are best advised to try to only buy “traffic” domains from sellers with excellent reputations; and even then, there are no guarantees.

Caveat Emptor!

Good luck.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin, very true...

The other safe option is to try the domain for a few days and offer to give back any lost revenue during this trial to the owner.

That's what I find best, seperates the pretenders right away.

It even scares themn when you mention it. lol

-=DCG=-

smub

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i agree with kevin and dotcom

tbt

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try to always get a screenshot from them of their stats, but even that can be cheated.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because I'm developing sites for clients I have stats that are accessible online for them but not through my control panel. The host I use offers this service and it has saved me a bundle of time because I used to provide montly stats reports to 40 clients!

With this access availability the client can access their stats but not the website control panel or file manager. This would also be a good thing for potential buyers as well. They can access the stats themselves, and verification of the veracity is less of an issue.

It's still a buyer beware issue.... If there's a way to fool people there's a line of foolers ready to do it.

Vivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom