Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you get multiple AuthCodes at once from Go Daddy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know how to get one AuthCode on the DCC, I also know there's an option to generate (print) lists, one list can actually include the AuthCodes if you check that option but it only works for ALL DOMAINS YOU HAVE W/GD, I'd never generate such list for the implicit security risk, ie you'll literally get a list of ALL your names at GD and their AuthCodes, you don't want that emailed you or apprearing in the DCC but I've never seen an option to ask for just 5 AuthCodes for ex, it only works for one domain or ALL DOMAINS. Norhing in between.

My DCC is stuck right now and given how slow it is every time I do this, doing several names one by one is just too much right now, I had asked Support before and they misinformed me, they did not even understand the issue I had. Has anyone done this ?

PS - Support will not email you any AuthCodes, or lock/unlock names for you, ever, they say only the registrant can do that, so having them send me those 5 AuthCodes isn't an option

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I try to get the auth code for one domain, it says it has been emailed but I don't get the email.

Can an auth code have non-letter and non-number characters, like " . , % in them?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I try to get the auth code for one domain, it says it has been emailed but I don't get the email.

Can an auth code have non-letter and non-number characters, like " . , % in them?
They can contain nearly any combination of every character on the keyboard.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the auth code for any registrar which uses email to send it is emailed to the admin email address displayed in the domain contact info part, sometimes you still find the previous owner's info displayed, check to see if that domain has a previous email add you may have given, if you still don't get the email contact them

or if you added privacy to a gd name make sure the forwarding add stored at dbp is the right one, plus you need to choose to even have any email sent to the private admin email add forwarded to you, it's not done by default

Last edited:

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checking if there's still no one who knows any tricks to have the gd system generate auth codes for several domains (more than one but not all), they've been doing small changes to the site but this part is never changed, one gets tired of getting some dumb scripted email in response telling me from how to reset a password or do some other thing when the question has absolutely nothing to do w/that

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I believe you need to contact an account manager at GD to achieve such bulk edits.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checking if there's still no one who knows any tricks to have the gd system generate auth codes for several domains (more than one but not all), they've been doing small changes to the site but this part is never changed, one gets tired of getting some dumb scripted email in response telling me from how to reset a password or do some other thing when the question has absolutely nothing to do w/that

Domain manager -> tools -> exportable lists -> add new export -> all my domains -> Authorization Codes

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Poker is right. It's the same list you export to see whois views of your domains. Just be sure to select auth. codes among the options. It's also a good way to scan all your names to confirm you have the correct contact address and nameservers set for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom