Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do you manage your domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakana

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got domains registered at five registrars, so when I buy a name it can be pushed to me easily. I assume this is the same for all. I'd be very interested in how you are managing your domains - Do you transfer them them all to one central registrar? Do you use DRT? Or just a spreadsheet? This must be a common problem, what is the common solution? BTW, Moniker is what I would like to use as my main registrar based on the service I have received so far.
Any help much appreciated?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have my own database.
If you know MS-Access it's easy to build your own.
Excel can do, at least until the file gets corrupt (may happen with large files) :smilewinkgrin:
Some people have all domains parked on Sedo and you can always export your list of domains to csv format. But I would never advise relying on a third party. Keep track of your domains (expiry dates) and do not rely on renewal reminders from the registrar. That's the way to lose your domain names.

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I built my own domain Database with Filemaker Pro. Works like a charm. I can clone it with no records to import my clients' domains into a separate file. I have over 100 categories for domains built into the database, a price rating system, who i bought the domain name from, how much i paid, renewal dates, what I'm doing with the domain (building it out or parking or selling)

Have you noticed any delays or problems in bulk transfers to Moniker lately? I'm sending emails of my domains to them to transfer -- and not getting a response or status report for days. About 30% of the time, I have to repeat my transfer request email. It's really bugging me.

I've transferred about 700 domains to them in the last few months, and I have about 3000 more to go, but I don't want to go through the pain of nabbing those EPP codes, preparing the email, then remembering to followup two days later when I get no response. Then I have to go back to the losing registrar and try and match the domains I've set up for transfer against those domains that are expiring, and if i am going to go ahead and just renew them at the losing registrar, or take a chance that Moniker has processed them already.

There has to be a better way.

I WANT TO KNOW WHICH REGISTRAR IS THE BEST DOMAINER REGISTRAR.

I believe nobody can mention one, because I can tell them at least five major points why that registrar is failing domainers. This will be a big topic to discuss ahead, because the registrar that invests a $50k to upgrade some basic features could really make a difference among domainers.

Nicline.com

Level 1
Reaction score
Hey

Take a look at this website as its a good option to have all your domains in one account which you manage and administrate on your own.

<no promotions>

Wakana

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the info!

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be a standard here, although more responses may prove otherwise. So far we have custom Access & Filemaker DB's and a 3rd party desktop app. Im really surprised this is not being done online for portability, but I assume its for speed, the ability to heavily customize and security.

I dont want to park all my domains at sedo as its obviously not optimal, neither do I want to reinvent the wheel and design my own DB, so I guess the best option is a 3rd party tool.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey

Take a look at this website as its a good option to have all your domains in one account which you manage and administrate on your own.

(snip advertising)

lemee guess, your the confidence inspiring "player" in pic1 right?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm old-school. I hard copy my domain list with renewal dates visible for each registrar. This way I can take the list with me and its safe from lost drives. I also pull up my list at the registrar and save the page as an html or txt file to have on my PC.

And to keep things simple I make every effort to move all my domains to one registrar with the best bulk domain management tools and best user interface and of course the best price for renewal.

Jack

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used Excel, but that tends to get out of date real fast.

As I use different registrars they tend to get "clumped around" in groups, so I generally know where everything is. With auto-renewal and email notifications turned on its pretty safe. :) Of course, nothing beats tracking it yourself.

What I wouldn't do, is move everything to one registrar. Otherwise you end up with a RegisterFly situation.

I'm also reluctant to use a tool, because you really don't know for sure if its

a) sending all your data to someone else.
b) provides a backdoor into your computer.

I have a Security & Fraud background (call me paranoid) and having put packet sniffers on some of the software out there, you would VERY surprised at what gets sent back to the vendor.... :worried: At this point I should mention that I have not used the software listed in this thread... so far.

DomainBuyerBroker

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use spreadsheet and watch my domains pro for checking whois etc.

I am a godaddy reseller (wild west) and like the user interface the best. I have had domains at probably 50 different registrars because I'm active in the drop game. I pull all to wild west.

Easy to do folders, bulk nameserver changes, forwarding etc. Even bulk auth codes but you have to know how.

I heard that rebel.com is good for management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom