Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do you put a value on "hits"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've read a lot here re. the value of traffic to your site. But I haven't yet read of how that traffic equates to $$$.

I have a domain name that generates a good deal of traffic. I didn't know how much until I slapped together a web site the other day.

The stats for this traffic can be found at:
www.uhoh.com/stats

So could anyone put a $value on hits?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

M

mole

Hits are useless. Uniques or page views are better.

uhoh.com is a great domain to siphon traffic off uh-oh.com/.net, and should be worth a fair bit of money to Asian adult webmasters.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mole,

You're right. I'm sure that's where I'm getting the traffic.

And according to my stats for the first full day of my site going live, there were 302 "page requests".

I figure this number will really jump once visitors start running into a live page instead of a dead one.

So, let me re-ask the question:
How do you quantify the value of a "unique" or "page view"?

Thanks.

M

mole

If you are doing branding, it equates to cost per impression to the advertiser doing that branding.

But I think you are talking about dollar conversion, then cost per conversion will be the cost of total impressions divided by the sale(s) made (conversion unit here defined by the advertiser or webmaster)

I think you have a great domain there, domainica. Not all the best adult web sites must start and end with sex, tits and pussy. :D

It depends how the traffic is originated and what action they will perform that generates a revenue.

a heavy content site could be generating its traffic as a result of its content - the people go there to find the info, so any revenue activities would have to be careful to not kill the traffic. typically things like banners and email ads in newsletters are used - but the return per visitor can be very low for this.

if the traffic is type in, then it is easier to convert direct to revenue as you can offer a product/service that targets the users or use a ppc search engine to convert it (whether this is worth while depends on the traffic volume). The value of each visitor in this scenario is dependent upon the topic of interest - credit card or hosting traffic is worth more than joke or free mp3 traffic for example.

the ideal is to have natural type ins, seo/links based traffic for a high value product with a good ctr - that is where the best value per visitor would be.

because its so variable its impossible to give a general value per visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom