Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How do you sell traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently after watching another great DomainSherpa interview, Michael Cyger asks the domain entrepreneur Richard Lau about selling traffic, this really confused me? How does one sell this traffic? For instance, I have a .com with 5,400 exact and a CPC of $3.45, is this presumed traffic? Were they talking about website traffic? If not could I sell this traffic? Thanks all, Howie.

Last edited by a moderator:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You own a .com with an exact search amount of 5,400, you do not receive 5,400 U/V's a month. If you were to get that, you would find someone in your niche that wants to buy relevant traffic and sell it to them on a monthly basis, CPM (per 1000) or a conversion/commission (I.E. if someone buys a product out of that 5,400, you would get 10% of whatever is sold).

People buy traffic all the time, but you don't have the traffic to sell—just the potential to capture that traffic once ranked, but once your site is developed, that traffic is worth more to you than selling it if it’s a high CPC like you mentioned. At that point, you can develop it, get traffic and revenue flying in and flip the site in a multiple or based on the name alone on here or Flippa.

People tend on only wanting geo traffic located in their niche and not junk Chinese or adult traffic (some will still pay for that, but very few) to inflate their numbers or to try and get clicks (which is against the TOS at all parking sites and I believe Adsense as well).

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, David, thank you for the reply. Sorry, I'm wet behind the ears on this one. What does U/V's stand for? And TOS please. That's really helpful, thank you, so it's beyond the domain name, I see, into building out etc. Appreciated, Howie.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
U/V = Unique Visitors
TOS = Terms of Service / AUP = Acceptable Use Policy

It's not "beyond the domain name", there are plenty of domains out there that receive 5,400+ U/V's a month type-ins that are generic like "stickers.com" or something along those lines (don't know the type in on the site, just giving an example of a generic domain that's parked). That's the traffic people want to buy if they have a niche of selling stickers or a product line of stickers, to redirect that traffic to their inner page selling stickers.

Don't expect to pick up a generic like that unless you're willing to put in $XXXXX(X)+ though.

You have a nice domain quite possibly if it gets exact match searches of 5,400 and I would develop it into a minisite/authority site after you park it to see what they're looking for unless you already know what it is that they want.

If you don't know where to get started in developing, send Chuck a PM (Administrator on this forum). He is a great developer that will work with you and help you get your sites ranked. It's worth the price, if your domain has that kind of CPC value.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, recently after watching another great DomainSherpa interview, Michael Cyger asks the domain entrepreneur Richard Lau about selling traffic, this really confused me? How does one sell this traffic? For instance, I have a .com with 5,400 exact and a CPC of $3.45, is this presumed traffic? Were they talking about website traffic? If not could I sell this traffic? Thanks all, Howie.

i think you should read and learn more about the business of domaining, etc... before watching these interviews

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think you should read and learn more about the business of domaining, etc... before watching these interviews

Never hurts to ask though. An unasked question is a stupid question if you choose to subscribe to interviews, by fluff eBooks, etc. about domaining when there are a lot of people on this forum who would be willing to help you understand (not literally take you by the hand) after you have read through a lot of the information here (you can learn by far more on this forum than that 1 interview or $10 eBook that will make you a millionaire overnight with domaining).

I suggest subscribing to DNFCollege though, there are probably a lot of great resources taught there (such as acronyms that you're unfamiliar with) and wish it was available in 2009 when I first started...

Last edited:

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Park your domain name with a parking company, many of which are discussed herein, and you can see if your domain name has any traffic now. Over some time, you can see your daily, weekly, monthly statistics, while earning a little income and while you get your ducks in a row to develop it, it that's your plan.

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why Biggie, do you have a problem with Michael Cyger's platform? What's wrong with watching the vidoes, are they beginner rated? They have the excellent Adam Dicker, Andrew Rosener, Warren Buffet and tons of other great inspirational domain traders for the novice to learn from. As a newbie, you take from all angles. What is the problem? Of course not forgetting your fabulous moderation on here!

You've got to remember, you're moderating on the "Domain beginners and Newbies" We newbie domain traders are not not all new to business, I've been in business for nearly 25 years. Domain trading for over one year, so I am here asking for some friendly professional advise. Thank you.

Last edited:

Howie Crosby

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
U/V = Unique Visitors
TOS = Terms of Service / AUP = Acceptable Use Policy

It's not "beyond the domain name", there are plenty of domains out there that receive 5,400.... Thanks David..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom