Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How do you start a fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Bon fire night is coming up for us brits, i am taking some friends out, i want to start a fire, but i dont want to have to waste over 2 hours looking for wood at 10pm like last year, i already bought to packs of coal, i wanted to know is there any fuels i can use to basically pore over the coal and let it burn till the coal is red hot and ready? (we want to cook food over the coal/fire so the fuel has to be safe to cook on!)

Btw, in edinburgh everything is generally damp at this time of the year, so even if i do find wood i would have a very hard time lighting it.

Regards

Domain Days 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly as an ex-fireman, don't ever pour fuel over the coals,wood, whatever. Even before ignition.
Secondly although cooking on a barbeque is common, they are special types of 'coals'. I think food can taste really special when cooked over a wood fire.
Just bring your fuel source, wood whatever into the garage or extension for a few days if poss. to dry out, that'll help. Also if you have lots of small bits of wood , it will burn easier & quicker. Don't pour woodshavings or dust on an open fire though as can actually be explosive in right settings.
Lastly, although the weather is awful for us in GB this time of year , refuse temptation of having any type of fuel on standby 'to get it going' or speed things up 'cos it can be catastrophic if someone who has had couple of beers, pours some on, thinking good idea.
I must sound like a right bore! LOL
i would have an independant bonfire & a barbeque TBH.
Hope this helps, Guy

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The easiest way to start a fire is by starting a new .mobi thread :-D :-D :-D

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well i dont know about brits but what i will do i put kerosene oil on it and it will go on in a second be care full not tooo much a little at a time

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about I come over to your mamma's house and start a small fire in her panties?

Sorry, stole the line from Gary Buseys character in "Black Sheep".

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do they sell charcoal lighter fluid in GB, we use it in usa, be carefull because when you light it goes up fast, i usually soak charcoal good first because if it doesnt burn good the first time its to dangerous to add to a hot source, another option is use some wood in addition to the coal to help ignite it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom