Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

how do you value .co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of times I am searching for names, product related mostly, and stumble upon the .co.uk being available. Some of the times, I reg it. I have noticed that a lot of the times, you'll see the ,com/.net/org/.co.uk taken.... Now I'm fairly new to domaining and havent developed one yet, but I have a few questions regarding the extension.

After .com/.net/.org, would you consider .co.uk to be the next best thing? If not, and you like .cc or .mx or .de, where do you rank .co.uk and why?

What is your personal experience with owning/developing/ranking a .co.uk domain and what are some strategies if going into it since it is a UK extension.

I see them selling on DJjournal.com for good moeny, but then again I see all sorts of sh*t on there selling for insane amounts of money. What is your sales experience with them?

Tell me what you know about .co.uk please, I own some decent ones, but I just went in on them blindly, which I know is a no-no, but at least they were hand regs and good product names and keywords. IF you also want to share your opinion, I have some strong english .de's that I'm not sure are valuable or not, but I'll post a few in the appraisal section, and get them ripped up probably, lol.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and sharing your knowledge!

:cool: Michael

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For a UK business or targetting UK population, a .co.uk is probably as good as, or almost as good as, a .com

the UK has a good sized population and good internet penetration and internet commerce, so that's positive.

if you are registering generic product names, especially ones that the UK public use and recognize, and are in a good sized market, that is also a plus.

My opinion is a website should use a .com or the country code for the country they are in. If you are targetting many countries or the world, and can't get the .com, then .net or .org are next best.

Pretty general info and there are exceptions, but that's how I look at it. Country code domains have really come on in the last few years, and even challenge .com's now in the weekly sales reports.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are targeting the UK, then a co.uk will fare far better than a .com. I think that principle would probably apply in Canada? Google will juice you better for having a .co.uk for a UK audience.

I know there is a rule here for not posting other domain forums, but just Google the obvious.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think price wise they are similar to .net pricing. It is obviously THE ext in the UK and the top top names can get close to .com's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom