Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How does Buydomains.com work so well in beating Snapnames so often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best way to be Snapnames is to be BuyDomains.com

It seems like almost every name I put a Snap on is somehow grabbed by Buydomains obviously using a method to beat-out my Snaps. It just happened again yesterday on a name I really wanted bad, and was the Snap holder for several weeks when I had (hard to come by) knowledge it may drop soon.

If BD does not have the Snap they still find ways to get the name anyway. WLS should level the playing field.

Domain summit 2024

G.A.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone contacted the BuyDomains-accredited:D registrars[123Registration, 1Accredited, eNameCo...etc] asking if they can catch drops for other parties?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Direct dealings with the so-called ICANN accredited registrars?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, Yak is correct, BD has many registrars (yet SnapNames has 17 that we know of).

I would imigine, BD does so well becuase their scripts are very good and finely tooned.

BD also uses methods such as NameWinner and SnapNames. Apperantly, most snapbacks are bought by Ult and BD.

BD also has a very large budget for developing skills on the names. Once they finely toon thier scripts, name slike miss.com (depending on thier relationship with registrars) may cost them a few $'s more than $6.

Hope this helps.

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SnapNames alone is not that hard to beat if you have the resources. It's beating a hundred other people going after the same name that's hard. SnapNames goes after many names and cannot possibly concentrate all of their resources on a select few. If you concentrate your resources on the best names, you have a better chance of beating SnapNames.

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SnapNames goes after many names and cannot possibly concentrate all of their resources on a select few.

That is excatly correct.

Snap chases hundreds of names during the drop while
BD goes after a well sorted smaller list.

Tough to beat ...

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike Mann & Buydomain's own monopolistic and competition limiting trade practices are in itself worse than the WLS all together. The reason why he's whining about it so much is that he knows it will cut into his game when he can't just go ask daddy to give him another registrar connection to get a name he wants. And certainly people will not buy all the WLS slots up or else they will loose a lot of money. I don't think people will be deleting as many names like they have in the past. But as I have said before there is no clear solution that will please all parties. :cry:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I beleive what BD is doing is completely fine.

It just meens other services will have to develop better scripts.

Us drop catchers will have to:

Bid Higher (i know it already too high!)
Snap earlier.

Find all the drop services backed by a registrar as possible.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do all this when we can simple petition ICANN or Congress to not allow private dropcatching by individuals or groups. I believe in fair competition. Fair competition is not telling me that I need to bid higher somewhere to get them to devote more of their resources away from offshore.com type names with big payoffs. Fair competition is not telling me I need to go out and get my own RRP connection either. Fair competition is not telling me to play smarter. This just adds to the problem at hand. If anyone wants to join in my petition please PM me.

Y

_Yakov_

Originally posted by HLK

That is excatly correct.

Snap chases hundreds of names during the drop while
BD goes after a well sorted smaller list.

Tough to beat ...

It's exactly incorrect ;)

SnapsNames devides the list between the registrars, so that every of their 17 registrars get 1/17 of all domains. So, every registrar from SnapsNames network goes after ~ 10 - 20 names/day

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
Why do all this when we can simple petition ICANN or Congress to not allow private dropcatching by individuals or groups. I believe in fair competition. Fair competition is not telling me that I need to bid higher somewhere to get them to devote more of their resources away from offshore.com type names with big payoffs. Fair competition is not telling me I need to go out and get my own RRP connection either. Fair competition is not telling me to play smarter. This just adds to the problem at hand. If anyone wants to join in my petition please PM me.

If you have the resource and the money at BD level, will you petition ICANN for fair competition ?

maybe you will petition ICANN to give you more connections. :D

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well versign wants their cut of the pie and will get it. The big question is when will the mainstream media catch onto all of this. Oh that's right they are busy worrying about the Laci Peterson case....chalk one up for the WLS.

If I had the resources and money at buydomains level I would be strongly anti-wls just like they are. Of course they don't want a change in their situation when they are getting most of the good names! They are making pure profit and then turning it around and plowing it back into the same evil machine that grows bigger and bigger stockpiling names. I mean this is worse than insider trading gone amuck in my opinion. They have acted in bad faith and have exercised unfair trade practices to stiffle competition. They aren't buying names to develop they are buying names to resell and hold hostage. The fact that they are even a registrar is a conflict of interest in itself.

I have two snaps again today that they will probably beat yet again today and there is nothing I can do about it but sit back and complain despite my bids all accross town. I know I am not the only one frustrated.

Oh, I might just be planning on attending the next meeting of ICANN to stir things up a bit.
Never underestimate anyone. :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well versign wants their cut of the pie and will get it. The big question is when will the mainstream media catch onto all of this. Oh that's right they are busy worrying about the Laci Peterson case....chalk one up for the WLS.

If I had the resources and money at buydomains level I would be strongly anti-wls just like they are. Of course they don't want a change in their situation when they are getting most of the good names! They are making pure profit and then turning it around and plowing it back into the same evil machine that grows bigger and bigger stockpiling names. I mean this is worse than insider trading gone amuck in my opinion. They have acted in bad faith and have exercised unfair trade practices to stiffle competition. They aren't buying names to develop they are buying names to resell and hold hostage. The fact that they are even a registrar is a conflict of interest in itself.

I have two snaps again today that they will probably beat yet again today and there is nothing I can do about it but sit back and complain despite my bids all accross town. I know I am not the only one frustrated.

Oh, I might just be planning on attending the next meeting of ICANN to stir things up a bit.
Never underestimate anyone. :D

Yes, agree 100%, BD now owns more than 200,000 names from what I hear. Since their costs of getting the names are low (vs the high cost of WLS) all they do is plow the money back to become the #-1 valuable domain holder.

I can't understand why so many here are against WLS and happy with letting BD take over the market.

With WLS I bet they would greatly reduce their new buys.

I also had a number of Snaps beat by BD using a different grabbing methodology which works better. It is really frustrating.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I lost a name that I had the snap on to BD yesterday. They oubid my proxy bid at namewinner just minutes before the cutoff time, and NW grabbed it...

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Me too.

Have been beaten by BD even the name is not high profile.
And they're good at snipping at the last second at NW.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch! Sniped by BD! That happens to me all the time:eek:
Sometimes they bid stupid amounts of money for borderline names.
I also beat them a bunch of times (I assume it was them) over the past couple of weeks on names I really wanted!

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Fair competition means anyone with the brains and money can get ahead. That is exactly what the domain drop game is right now.

What if you wanted to buy all the property for sale in New York City? Would you have to offer the highest price, or would you simply petition the governor to allow you to get the houses for a low price because you think you deserve them?

You have the same chance as Buy Domains to get names. Just because you aren't willing to spend the money he is doesn't mean it's unfair competition.

Buy Domains is not Microsoft, he isn't forcing anyone else out with some monopoly. He bids higher, that is all.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agreed with DomainGoon.

They arent a monopoly, anyone can ask for A few registrar connections, BD has the money to pay them and is willing too. So can you or I or anyone else.

If they had a contract with all the registrars (120+) to only allow them direct connection and no other group or person, then your case may go somewhere. I dont believe, right now, they are dfoing anything wong.

Yes i know it is annoying, but they invested alot of $ to be able to do what they do.

And in your post, do you say BD is a registrar?!

I do not think so, and if they are they would be breaking ICANN rules. I dought they ar ea registrar but too lazy to check the list

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom