Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how does moniker refund system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixpackofapathy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking into switching into moniker for my domain purchases. Couple of questions first.

1. Do all moniker accounts have the ability to recieve a refund (minus 25 cent icann fee), or is there a special account you have to sign up for?

2. how easy is it to transfer a domain from moniker to another registrar like godaddy

3. how does a person initiate a refund on a domain or multiple domains within the grace period?

thanks!

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. All can refund but the default fee is $1. You have to email them to get it to 25cents.

2. plenty easy, just like anywhere else for transferring away

3. just click 'delete domain' in your account and it while show you ones within the grace period for deletion

sixpackofapathy

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thank you scrsteven that is very helpful. 1 more question. I found out through researching that they don't actually give you your refund as a credit to your credit/debit card but as credit to buy additional domains from them. Is this true and if so is there any way to cash out your credit with moniker?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Moniker domain tasting refund process is extremely easy and automatic. I have used it successfully many times. They issue a credit to your acct (which is ok with me anyway).

It's also highly beneficial. Quite surprising the other firms do not offer it as it's a huge benefit of being with Monte along with all the other stuff he offers, including their excellent control panel with its superb easy to use features.

IMO Moniker is far and away the #1 registrar for experienced domainers, especially with good size portfolios. Wish I would have been using them all along. They have GD and others beat by a wide margin.

As far as transfers in go it's very simple and they do most of the work for you by email. Transfers away are also not difficult (I was wrong in the past about thinking that was an issue) if you email them about it first since they are high security (another great benefit).

Reaction score
The credit is put to your account...not refunded to your bank or credit card. this is because the registry does not refund to us directly. They credit our account within the grace period but will not send us a refund.

If you are interested in domain tasting, just email [email protected] and mention you are a dnforum member and we will set your pricing accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom