Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How does pool.com work?/Afternic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Say I backorder a name that no-one else backordered does it automatically become mine or does it still go into a 2 phase auction? And how much does it cost per domain caught? With Godaddy you can just pay 18.95 and that gets you the domain for one year, I know pool.com are much better at catching domains so why I wanna try them but not 100 per cent sure how it works, tho the domain I am after I doubt anyone else will want, it's been expired since 14th September so won't be long til it deletes.

And how much does it cost to sell domains on there? Is it just like Sedo when listing them? You give them a share of the final selling price?

And I joined Afternic today, but I get this error when trying to list these domains

www.davidbeckham.ws: Unrecognized extension: davidbeckham.ws
www.annakournikova.ws: Unrecognized extension: annakournikova.ws

.ws are allowed aren't they?

Cheers!

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is the Afternic forum down for anyone else?

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh C'mon, no-one on the Afternic forums have bothered to help, have I wasted my $9.95?

Also wanna know more about how Pool.com works, someone must know.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Ross, I replied to your help request in our help forum.

If you backorder a name that nobody else does and Pool successfully catches it, all you pay is $60 and I believe it is fairly instantaneous. To sell on their site, you need to pay a listing fee up front ($8 to $20) and then 10% of the sales price if it sells.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks

Is the listing fee PER domain? Or another one off payment? (I thought the $9.95 I paid was to sell domains, if not what was that for exactly?).

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you backorder a name that nobody else does and Pool successfully catches it, all you pay is $60 and I believe it is fairly instantaneous. To sell on their site, you need to pay a listing fee up front ($8 to $20) and then 10% of the sales price if it sells.

That is info about Pool. You probably paid the $9.95 at Afternic.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damnit, I am thinking of 2 things, sorry!

Thanks for the info.

BTW I tried just listing my .ws domains without the 'www' but it won't let me list them?

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just added the two names to your account. I clicked Sell -> List Domain For Sale and added them one by one. You can login and set your asking prices or change the min. offer amounts now in your Portfolio view.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent thanks.

I tried adding em with the multiple domains add thing, maybe that was the prob.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom