Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How Domains Helped Michael Gilmour Bounce Back From a Financial Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new November Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com. It is the story of Michael Gilmour, the popular domainer from Down Under who used domains to come back bigger than ever after losing a fortune overnight. After working hard his whole life the Australian entrepreneur was worth millions only to suddenly find himself, due to circumstances beyond his control, flat broke five years ago.

In 2003 he took his last $100 and bought a domain name. "There I was sitting at home with no job and wondering what I was going to do," Gilmour said. "My cousin and I used to talk nearly every night about the Internet and I remember after one of these conversations at about 2 o'clock in the morning I ended up investing $100 in my first domain name. That $100 was literally all my wife and I had left."

Flash forward to 2008 where Gilmour is now one of the most successful people in the industry We'll tell you about the influences that shaped his life, the accomplishments that propelled him to great success and how he managed to bounce back and fly higher than ever before after turbulent financial weather nearly grounded him for good.

You can read all about it here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2008/november.htm

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael is a real hero...

He has worked long hour's and build great network. His company simcast media is market leader and one of its kind.

In last 3 year's of doing business with him, I always find him really inspiring and full of positive energy..

We need more domainers like him :)

Great article Duke about a real leader....

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael is a great guy. Loved doing business with him.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Michael, a great writer and a better person.

A good read as always Ron!

-=DCG=-

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder what that first domain was...

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its a nice story and inspiring somewhat for beginners maybe but anyone know what the first domain was ?

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$100 bucks..bah.. If he can do it..so can I!!! Hopefully I can do the same as him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom