Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How if an escrow.buyer does not confirm the receipt of the domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am selling a domain name via escrow.com.

And I have instructed the buyer to send an email to escrow.com and copy to me, to confirm his account at enom.com.

Then after I pushed this name, the domain buyer does not confirm his receipt of the name. Instead, I found he is trying it out to another domain registrar.

I have emailed escrow.com for their help, and I also forward the domain push confirmation email sent from enom.com.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Yum

Editor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get ur names back.
and tell escrow u don't agree to pay him back.
and fuk the buyer's ass.

eurodomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Then after I pushed this name, the domain buyer does not confirm his receipt of the name. Instead, I found he is trying it out to another domain registrar.
Thanks!

So how did it end? (I hope you got your money)
What was the time set for the buyer to evaluate if all was OK?
Did you push the domain within the same registrar or to another?

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely, the buyer is not acting in bad faith. I had a lot of sales where the buyers never bothered to login to escrow and confirm receipt of the domain name, and sometimes also transferred the domain name to another registrar and even changed domain ownership for example from personal name (escrow account and credit card holder) to their company names.
In all cases, I was promply paid by escrow... The point is that the buyers also did not "REJECT" the domain name at escrow website, and it makes sense for sellers to make a screenshot of a whois immediately after the domain push. Escrow may start an inspection period themselves after the whois verification, and after it is over - the sellers are paid.
However if the buyer REJECTED the domain name at escrow website - it is another story.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tonyk2000 is correct, the last time this happened to me I called Escrow and they told me if the buyer doesnt confirm, they send out the payment anyway after 7 days, confirming is not mandatory in order to get paid, if both parties did everything right, Escrow guarantees the transaction.

RG

Get ur names back.
and tell escrow u don't agree to pay him back.
and fuk the buyer's ass.

If I ever have a problem, I know who not to ask.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I always:

1. Create the eNom account myself, as a sub-account under mine (this eliminates most fast-acting attempts to move it out)
2. I CC support@escrow on the e-mail with the account info that I send to the buyer.
2. Set 24 hours as the automatic agreement period. Not a day more. This way even if the buyer delays responding, the transaction completes.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I always:

1. Create the eNom account myself, as a sub-account under mine (this eliminates most fast-acting attempts to move it out)
2. I CC support@escrow on the e-mail with the account info that I send to the buyer.
2. Set 24 hours as the automatic agreement period. Not a day more. This way even if the buyer delays responding, the transaction completes.

You do EXACTLY as you do, and never had a problem in 5 years. :yes:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom