Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How important is marketleap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is not supposed to be a sales thread so I do not give the domain names.

I wonder how important marketleap links are regarding the sale of a domain.
Actually, I registered two expired domains as I had none with any links. The first one has, according to marketleap 61 links, the other one only 24. I consider this being nothing when I see domains with over 800, but checking here about expired domains they are always mentioned, especially when they are yahoo listed.
I checked both domains, but did not find them listed, yet again, on Alexa it is mentioned they are linked to Yahoo China...does that help?

If I want to sell them, I can not really say they have links, coz WHAT is 61 or 24?

So, from what figure are links really interesting?

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that people mention these figures to give some credibility to their sales price. For the same reason, many people quote the Overture and Google search figures.

The numbers by themselves should mean absolutely nothing to a potential buyer other than being a starting point for some research.

If I am thinking of buying abcd.com and the seller points out that it has 1,000 rating in Marketleap, 2222 searches in Overture and 1,000,000 searches found in Google, I'm first going to check the individual engines quoted by Marketleap and see what kind of links they actually are. If for instance 996 are Alltheweb and 1 or 2 on each of the others, I know I'm in trouble.....but if there are 200 links on each of the search engines, then I'll look at each of them and see what quality the links are.

Yahoo China links without yahoo.com links are showing you that any traffic this domain gets is probably going to be Asian......if you are trying to attract Asian users, this might be helpful, otherwise, run. My guess would be that any other links shown would have Asian roots also.

Chelsea

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
And yes, all links I checked were from Asia.
But, if I understood you correctly, it is not really worth giving these figures unless they were well in the thousands and I do not think anyone would list them then, but rather get them...?!?

wyvern

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might make a difference if some people seeing the description do not realize that the numbers do not always tell the whole story.

I know when I began, I bought several domains because they hade high numbers on Marketleap, only to find the traffic nonexistent or foreign. It doesn't take many of those before you figure out that more research is necessary to substantiate the worth of a domain.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently had one adult domain with over 2,500 links and got mabey a few hits a day. I have one with mabey 25 links and it gets 50+ a day. Its a good starting point but many other factors should be considered.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another point to remember in link traffic is that the domain has most likely been off line for about 2 months before it dropped. Any site sending GOOD traffic would have noticed the dead link and removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom