Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How is it legal for Godaddy to collect money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
after three days of no working password access combination to a new Godaddy hosting account, i see that Godaddy has had no problems executing the billing for my other Godaddy hosting accounts.

for the new account which has refused me access with all combinations of passwords and customer number, how is it legal business practice for godaddy to have charged me for the hosting account i cannot get into?

Once again, no access to the hosting account, day 3. I am beginning to think Godaddy has established a practice of charging for hosting account facility that does not exist. nd then when the customer calls for th 4th or 5th time, they get around to setting it up. I see no evidence of customer support problem solving.

After emailing customer support the problem i got a weird notice that the "incident " was closed with no response.

So, maybe machines are answering the emails for customer service tech now? After 3 days of not being able to log in, i got an email reponse to log in and get a screen shot to prove the problem existed?

Is Godaddy on the skids that bad?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hosted a site with godaddy shared hosting for years. An image upload site. Someone hotlinked some images and caused some overload so they disabled my site by locking out the thumbs and image folders.

I had 1000+ members with 5000+ Images in their accounts. Over a long period of reliable service I got this site well used by the public. I was away for a year and when I returned I found the site down. It was down for close to a year. They continued to bill me and it was Godaddy.com Web Hosting who disabled the site.

What truly bothered me was how they phoned me on my cell phone (it was on roam mode) and let me know some domains were about to expire from time to time. Probably 3-4 phone calls over the year. But they never phoned me when Godaddy.com disabled my site. Oh, and lets not forget they billed me all the while.

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have never had any trouble with Go Daddy. They have always been fair with me even when I canceled products and they prorated me the refund. There are always some unique issues but if you explain your problem to the right person, they should handle it in a fair way.

Go Daddy does have some weird issues with their shared hosting. The allow an enormus amount of bandwidth but they don't really want you to use it. If you ever use a large portion of their hosting handwidth, they shut down your usage (which brings down your site). I have no idea how that would work with their new unlimited plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom