Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shone

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is what happened:

I placed a backorder for 2 domain names at Godaddy which were also about to expire at Godaddy.

I checked the big three drop catchers (NJ, SN and Pool) to see if there was any interest in these domain names, and to the last minute there were no bids on either of the three.

So, I figured everything will be ok, the worst that can happen is that there are more people backordering these names at Godaddy, in which case private auction will be held.

I woke up the morning after to find out that 1 of the domains was backordered successfully and awarded to me since no one else showed interest, and the other one was snatched by Droplabel.com (aka InstructDomains).

Why, or HOW in the world would Godaddy allow a domain name to expire, and let some other company snatch it, when I backordered the name at their own registrar?

Did you guys have this happened to you before?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when a domain goes to pendingdelete its fair game. the registrar it was with has no advantage when its in this status.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All dropping godaddy domains are automatically entered into their auction system, TDNAM.

So you are setting backorders on names that are going to auction first.

This changed about 2 years ago.

Now, what really sucks is when you place a backorder and the name hits the auctions GoDaddy/TDNAM indicates that there is one bid on the name - YOUR BACKORDER! The reason I say it sucks is because it seems that all names with bids are scrutinized very carefully from everyone looking at the list. In other words, a bid draws attention to the name.

The only reason you got the one name is because you placed a backorder and no one else bid on it all the way through the auction process...10 days worth!

electronic

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edited: Wrong place. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom