Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How legitmate are Namejet Auctions?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitey59

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently bid on a domain. For the last two minutes, I had the highest bid. With 2 seconds left, I refreshed and had the highest bid. With one second left, I refreshed my browser and still had the highest bid. I refreshed again in that last second, and had the highest bid. After refreshing a third time in the last second, the auction was over.

So, I am assuming I won the bid. But, about 10 minutes later in my auctions tab, it reported that I had lost the bid and the winning bid was reported as $0. It seems odd to me. I suppose there is some remote possibility that someone bid in that last millisecond, but my suspicions are aroused when the winning bid amount is not reported.

My own speculation is that because the dropped domain had been parked with one of the contributing registrars that they had the traffic information and decided to keep it. If that is the case, than they are not running a true auction.

Has anyone else experienced these odd last millisecond losses and not had the winning bid published? If I am going to lose domains by the millisecond, the winning bid data could help me refine my bidding for the future and seems that it would be in NJ's interest to report it...unlesss, as I said above, their is a conflict of interest at work in their auction process.

Update and Edited...

Well.

I got my own answer. As soon as I finished writing this up, I went back to NJ to check on another domain, and it is now reporting that I won the auction. :?:

So, it all seems odd, but likely just their process.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Browser caching issues.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to you. All worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom