Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How long after you buy a domain do you have to wait befor you can sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobes399

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long after you buy a domain do you have to wait before you can sell it?

Are there different "hold" periods (not sure what to call it) for different TLDs?

I think .ca is 30 days, but a list for the various other TLDs would be helpful if it exists.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most domains (at least with .com, .net, .org etc..) you can sell it as soon as you have it but it can't change registrars for 60 days (except to go back to the previous registrar).

I think Godaddy has a policy (being fought against by ICANN) that if you change the WhoIs information then it is locked in your account for 60 days.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most domains (at least with .com, .net, .org etc..) you can sell it as soon as you have it but it can't change registrars for 60 days (except to go back to the previous registrar).

I think Godaddy has a policy (being fought against by ICANN) that if you change the WhoIs information then it is locked in your account for 60 days.
No
It is locked to Godaddy , not your account
You can still sell it and push it to another's account at GoDaddy during those 60 days

dobes399 There is no need to wait for the major TLDs. People on this forum have been know to buy and sell in less than 2 seconds

dobes399

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I was thinking the 30/60 day wait was unreasonable.

Appreciate the help and thanks for the quick responses.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no need to wait for the major TLDs. People on this forum have been know to buy and sell in less than 2 seconds

isn't THAT the truth....:lol:

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

utuxia

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This post is a few years old...do holding periods still apply?

I'm using godaddy, netfirms, and namecheap for all my registrations. I want to know how long I have to wait before I can transfer ownership upon registration.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I recently received this notice for a domain I bought via Snapnames:

Note: Please wait at least ten days before transferring this name to another registrar. Per the ICANN Transfer Advisory,transferring this domain name to another registrar within the first 10 days following the date of this notice will result in losing your new registration term. No refunds or credits will be issued in that event.

But, its justs the registration term that I would loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom