Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How Long before Enom name turns up on namejet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If a domain is registered at enom.com, and it expires say on 1st June 2010, if it's not renewed, how long before you can backorder at namejet?
2 weeks after expiry?

any help appreciated

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
from looking at my own account of domains in "redemption", those domains start showing up at nj in the list of "pending deletion".

however, i think you can "backorder" a domain anytime, they just won't be able to catch it, until after it goes thru the expiry process.

if not you can put it on the "watch list"

imo...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok cheers Biggie. appreciated
i searched for a domain i've been watching and it didn't show up even though past expiry
i had to put in bulk back order for it to find, must say prefer snapnames platform to namejet, however its an enom name so only namejet are gonna catch.
its still on 'wishlist' though
any idea the actual timescales beofre it goes 'pending delete, backorder now etc?

say a domain expires 1st june, when would auction start on namejet? and also at what point does enom charge people a much higher fee to renew, the original owner i mean? 2/3 weeks?

thanks for any help peops, especially enom account jolders who may know this stuff in detail. i have enom account but not many names and dont know their system inside out like other registrars

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A lot of domains at eNom never make it to namejet, they are kept by eNom's Acquire This Name.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Theo
i was worried about this
really is a sickening practice. icannt once again guilty for allowing it
fingers crossed

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it is a good name then dont expect to see it, if it is a 2nd rate name then Namejet will gladly rip you for it. THAT is how Namejet now works, forget ethics they dont exist.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's a very broad statement, DG. I've both witnessed and won high quality names via Namejet, for prices below those achieved at a public auction. It's the best place to get aged domains.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's keep in mind that NJ being a joint venture and not just an offshoot of enom, they can only auction the names that are actually released to them.
I have seen netsol taking possession of expired/abandoned domains but we have also seen a LL.com (ZL) landing on NJ. In itself that is almost surprising.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just seen yet another Enom domain pass to ownership of same party/cpompany as before without any auction. New create date. What is clearly happening is that Enom are "allowing" this other company to own the expiring domains instead of auctioning them. They are then being put for sale with $500 price tag. What other explanation is there ?.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
New create date = domain dropped.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Icann should be scraped and an international body of many countries should be elected,it should stamp out most of the corruption in IcAnn.........

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Icann should be scraped and an international body of many countries should be elected,it should stamp out most of the corruption in IcAnn.........

That is a terrible suggestion. Would you really want China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia to have a say in how you are able to run your commercial enterprise? ICANN is not perfect but to put control into a UN type of organization would be a disaster. ICANN does a fair job with a complicated international entity. The more US control, the better--like it or not. Even Australia is very anti business when it comes to internet and telecom.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New create date = domain dropped.

Agreed, but several people had a backorder in with Namejet and yet domain was regged by the same friendly company that has been "getting" all the Enom domains and then immediately going up for sale at $500 odd. I guess that NJ are not happy getting $69 if no bidding takes places and thus prefer to simply pass them to the thrid party for more.

DG

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

What we need is a replacement for ICANN that doesnt just sit on its big fat lazy arse and forces all ICANN registrars to allow all expiring domains to drop (not simply passed under table to Registrars themselves) and make it a fair and competitive market, not as it is which is a corrupt system exploited for many years by a chosen few (Registrars).

DG

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes there are some strange deletions around. I was talking to a guy some years ago that some names just got deleted and never got in the whole drop process. so big companies and so on got great names.
He was investigating thing on his own, well i did some research aswell.
I'm also after a enom name atm and expire date is the 19th of july in whois and on enom it says expiration 8/23/2011 when i search for (Backorder Domain) does that mean the auction will be on the 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom