Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How long do .co.uk transfers take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jelly

I know that .co.uk transfers incur an extra fee and I thought you had to send in paperwork. http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ukdomain_guide.shtml doesn't make it seem like you have to, do you only have to fax one thing instead now?

Is this a smooth proccess? Is Nominet very efficient about that, or does this take a week? A couple weeks?

Domain Days 2024

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not a smooth process as far as I have found. The fact that it's a nightmare on the paperwork front is ironic when we are dealing with internet property. Nominet have for years misunderstood the whole concept of internet transactions and have imposed a bureaucratic and totally unsustainable system of forms, paperwork, mailings, fees and documents which is stifling the the whole co.uk market.
Maybe 123-reg has found an easier way around this. Good luck.

J

jelly

ouch :dead:

oh well, that's what i was afraid of...i'll read up on it and see.

thanks

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
123-reg are only really talking about transferring responsibility for a domain to their system. The actual ownership of the domain name doesn't change during such a transfer. After the "transfer", you'd pay 123-reg for renewals, log into their system for DNS changes etc.

If you wanted to change the legally recognized owner of the domain name, you'd have to do it via Nominet and their lengthy, paper-based process.

[Occasionally you see .co.uk for-sale posts with an instant transfer suggestion e.g. "I can push the name to your 123-reg account". The poster is - accidentally or conveniently deliberately - ignoring the fact that this gives CONTROL but not OWNERSHIP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom