Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How long do you wait ifor a buyer if you dont hear from before taking the second

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTHosting

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What's the common courtesay for future reference.. What do people here find acceptable if A buyer posts sold and no contact.. Only curious to know what the standard is.. If there are second chancers there..

And if the listing says " Quick sale" ?

Domain Days 2024

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once you have contacted the winner of the auction/sale you should probably wait 24 to 48 hours and send a second notice stating that if they don't respond within another 24 or 48 hours that they will be passed up for the auction/sale.

Anywhere from 2 to 4 days should be plenty. A good idea for further sales is to state a time period for the user to respond and that would give you the ability to go to the second buyer faster. Such as "buyer has 24 hours to respond or item goes up for sale again".

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You must await ast least 24 hrs for time differences,i bought a name on here and was salted within an hour for non payment,yet i was in bed asleep because of the time difference within an hour of getting up it was sorted so give him at least 24 hrs ! then if no response offer it to someone else !

TTHosting

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wont let it go till it hits the 24 hour mark which is today sometime.. since there is 8 other buyers lined up... One offering much more..

But I'll give him the 24 hours since he hasnt given me a final answer.. he said he wanted to review stats and no word since.. although he posted sold in the thread and went offline...

It was noted in the thread the sale was urgent.. I sent emails asking him to clarify.. no answer at all..

I think in this case the 24 hours is fair no?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This should be specified IN THE SALE posting. Lots of people do it - "payment must be made within xx hours of purchase agreement". If you leave it open for guessing, then, welll, people are going to just guess.

TTHosting

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah good call.. I will add that always in further posts..

When we sent emails back and forth I expressed my need for urgency and why and such.. But yeah from now on I will state how long to pay

Thanks for all the pointers people .. Everyone on the site seems great!

I will still give him the 24 hours .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom