Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How long does a sedo transaction usually take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When buying, how long does a sedo transaction usually take? I see a lot of people complaining about taking a long time to get funds or to get a domain. Is this due to sedo or the other party? If the other party acts quickly, is it not an issue?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The slowdown is usually how long it takes to get the money from the Buyer to SEDO. I've had some domains turn around the same day and others take a couple weeks. Most sellers act pretty fast. Also, SEDO isn't usually doing business on weekends. Also remember the timezone in England is 5-8 hours ahead of North America.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it depends on you, the other party and SEDO's transaction agent.

Any person of the can delay the process. Usually it's one of the first 2.

Some transactions can be completed within a few days(especially if the communication with your agent is done by phone). Some transactions can last for months if the other party ignores the payment notifications from SEDO, and some transactions will never happen at the end. SEDO has little control over these things, I hope they decide to do something about it soon

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When buying, how long does a sedo transaction usually take? I see a lot of people complaining about taking a long time to get funds or to get a domain. Is this due to sedo or the other party? If the other party acts quickly, is it not an issue?

If the "other" party responds immediately, then no, there usually is not an issue.

I posted some recents sales that I had on Sedo, with "date" details from the beginning and ending of each transaction.

You can view the link, if you want to see how long each transaction took.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=241169

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

It varies, depending on the locale of the two parties, the method of payment selected by the buyer etc. What I found odd is how usually when I sell a domain via Sedo, they take quite a bit of time to hand the domain over (based on the WHOIS info) even though obviously I have received the payment.

T

tekz999

In most ordinary cases, less than 2 weeks business time.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1-2 weeks is about right

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom