Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How long for url forwarding from Godaddy to Sedo to kick in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCat99

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just signed up with Sedo. I set my GoDaddy names to forward to Sedo per Sedo's instructions. The names still pull up GoDaddy's parked page and not Sedo's. How long does it take for the forwarding to kick in at GoDaddy? I figured forwarding would be faster than actually changing the name servers?

If anyone wants to explain the mechanics of domain forwarding vs. name server changes that would be cool too. I know that a name server change takes days to propagate, but I thought that a forward would be instant?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
forwarding is instant , but sedo has to approve your domains manually before they will resolve, they check whois to make sure you own them., sometimes 24 hours , sometimes longer., you are better off leaving them where they are and wait a couple days before changing nameservers or forwarding.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo usually takes 48-72 hours before they approve any names. Then you have to go back and add keywords which takes the same amount of time. I would add the domain to SEDO and wait 5 days then change the nameservers. Otherwise, you will lose 5-6 days revenue.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sedo don't have to approve your URL fowarding. They have no choice in the matter.

If you point to Sedo without the domain being in your account,
this parked page comes up " If you are the owner of this domain..."

It is sneaky gorilla tactics from Godaddy.

When your domain is ponting to the parked at Godaddy page, it take them 24/48 hours to start fowarding. When it is already pointing somewhere else, it is instant. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom