Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How long should a seller wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a site last night. As soon as bidding ended I sent the winner a PM with my details asking him to get in touch so we can get the deal done. He has already logged in the forum, but didn't bother replying to my PM. He hasn't included an email address on the forum, so there is no other way for me to get in touch with him. I am in some financial trouble and really need the money. How long should a seller wait? I would like to contact the second high bidder and see if he is still interested in the site. This will make me loose $300, but I need the money. I understand that it has only been a few hours, but why log in and not reply to my PM? That is what pisses me off.

Any comments will be apreciated.

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's only been a few hours, I don't really see any problems. A number of reasons may have caused this delay in payment. I think a two days would be the maximum time I would wait, and giving it to the next highest bidder could also cause problems for you.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To me if both parties are online I expect payment in real time, as in now. It takes seconds to send $ via PayPal so not having the time dont jive well with me.

Sorry to hear about your mishap...

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tippy said:
To me if both parties are online I expect payment in real time, as in now. It takes seconds to send $ via PayPal so not having the time dont jive well with me.

Sorry to hear about your mishap...

Same here, and we are only talking a couple hundred bucks. Sorry

urbanvilla

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A couple of days max,but i see where you are coming from if he is online and does not respond then he is an ass !if you need quick cash try flogging some domains on here !get paid quick via paypal !

Theres those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk !

Good Luck !

Wes

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
urbanvilla said:
A couple of days max,but i see where you are coming from if he is online and does not respond then he is an ass !if you need quick cash try flogging some domains on here !get paid quick via paypal !

Personally, I always post 'payment to be sent within 12 hrs', and 99% of the time that works fine. Just put some terms and conditions in your sale, to be on the safe(r) side.

Best,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom