Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How long should it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikelbeck

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On 8/3 I received an offer for a domain I had listed on Sedo. I accepted the offer the same day.

On 8/4 Sedo said they received the payment from the buyer. The same day they sent me a note saying the domain was locked, I had to unlock it before they could proceed. So I did, on 8/5 they noted it was unlocked.

On 8/5 the said that the buyer has started the transfer request. I haven't seen anything from the buyer or another registrar asking for a transfer. I've asked (in the "comments" box) what the status was, replied to the e-mails they sent asking for a status update but haven't received any response.

Now it's 10 days later - 8/15. How long should this normally take? Would I receive a transfer request just like if I were sending the domain to another registrar without going through Sedo?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is really down to the person requesting transfer.. if they are new to this then it could take a few attempts... I would suggest you wait a few more days and then request that you transfer the name to SEDO themselves.. then it is up to sedo to deal with the customers transfer thus enabling them to release the funds sooner..

Well done on the Sale. :)

mikelbeck

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
That is really down to the person requesting transfer.. if they are new to this then it could take a few attempts... I would suggest you wait a few more days and then request that you transfer the name to SEDO themselves.. then it is up to sedo to deal with the customers transfer thus enabling them to release the funds sooner..

Oh, ok, I didn't know I could do that.

The problem there is that the Sedo person handling this deal hasn't responded to my e-mails, either.

Well done on the Sale. :)

Thanks!

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have heard of problems with some of the transfer team.. However sometimes you need to give them a little knudge.. they deal with hundreds of deals each day and we all like to feel more important than the next person..

If you are unhappy, then I suggest you drop a brief email to [email protected] and explain to her your concerns.. however I am confident that the team are just waiting for the transfer to go ahead from the buyer..

Its in SEDO's interest that this is a successful transaction... hang in there..

mikelbeck

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Yeah I have heard of problems with some of the transfer team.. However sometimes you need to give them a little knudge.. they deal with hundreds of deals each day and we all like to feel more important than the next person..

What? I'm selling an insignifiant domain for a small amount of money, doesn't that make me the most important person in line? ;-)

If you are unhappy, then I suggest you drop a brief email to [email protected] and explain to her your concerns.. however I am confident that the team are just waiting for the transfer to go ahead from the buyer..

Its in SEDO's interest that this is a successful transaction... hang in there..

I understand that. I'm not "unhappy", I'm just a little concerned since I haven't had any contact from them since 8/5. I'll send another e-mail to the guy handling this deal and see if he responds. If I still have nothing within another day I'll e-mail Nora.

Thanks for the info!

mikelbeck

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you believe I'm still waiting on this? I finally got the person handling this transaction to answer (after e-mailing somebody else @ Sedo, suddenly he was very responsive to my e-mails). He told me that the buyer hasn't responded to the request to initate the transfer. Then he said that if the buyer didn't initate by the beginning of this week, he'd transfer it to Sedo's registrar and bill the buyer.

After that, nothing. So I e-mailed him this week. No response. E-mailed again, still no response. Then I e-mailed the other person at Sedo who helped me in the first place, he told me that the guy who's handling my transaction is "on holiday until the end of the Summer"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom