Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How long should you wait for payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On Sedo, How long should you wait for a payment?

I sold Used.us on Sedo on Friday.

Just wondering from hearing all the stories of people not paying.

Thanks,
Chris :)

Domain Days 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't see anything by close of business tomorrow (Monday) send SedoCoUK (on this forum) a PM.

Edit: This forum also has an RSS feed so your post might get pushed to page 2 quickly. :)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been happy with my transaction at sedo lately. Depends on the buyer paying of course, and the amount, but normally a few days after the buyer pays it should be in your paypal account. If the amount is more than the paypal limit (i think it's 500, don't remember), they ACH it into your account in a few days to week or so. If you choose to be paid ny check, I have no idea. :)

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I waited a over a week for one domain...and then Sedo contacts me letting me know the buyer paid. Too bad. I don't give them more than 3 days. In my opinion if you're able to bid in the final seconds you should be capable of paying at least within a few days.

A rule of thumb for me...i don't like waiting over a week for payment. ;)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would give them a break on the weekend. If you made transaction on Friday. Wait till wednesday. I find that transactions that are not paid within 24 hours though generally end up being non paying bidders.

Good luck

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's say you had a domain for many years, It finally sells, the DNS remains unchanged so your not losing revenue.... So unless you already spent the money, What does a couple extra months matter? I sold 2 domains at DRT, if it takes 2 months to complete escrow, I'm OK with that. I think 30-60 days is acceptable when using a domain broker to sell your names. I know that Moniker is 45 days.

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider,

I'm more referring to domains that i put in an auction. I can easily relist and resell.
So waiting 30-60 days for payment can be pretty ridiculous. I think all sellers want quick and fast transactions.

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i kind of need the cash to pay for gas and car insurance,
so if the buyer doesn't pay by Wednesday,
i think im going to list it at the namepros auction.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo gives it's buyers 10 days to make payment. After that, I think it's fair for the domain owner to do as they wish with the domain that sold if payment has not been made yet. Some domains are paid via Wire, so it can take a couple days to do the process. Plus Sedo can be a bit slow as well, so by the time you factor all those things in... It can take a little time.

betternames.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

I'm the buyer and just came across this posting by accident. I'm trying to pay, but had to transfer the amount over from my bank account to my PayPal account (3-5 days per PayPal) since Sedo doesn't accept credit card payments for amounts over $500. As soon as it shows up in my PayPal account, I'll process the payment. If it doesn't show up in my PayPal account tomorrow, it should be there by early next week at the latest.

Thanks,
Garett

-------
update
--------
I just sent the transaction through and let it pull out of my personal account rather than waiting for the transfer from my domain account. Sorry, I didn't know that was an option or else I would have done that earlier this week.

Thanks again,
Garett

Last edited:

ddaybofb

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, No Problem

Thanks for the update

Chris

pirici

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is the 3rd time im waiting for the payment for the same domain(qmen.com)
it went through the auction twice before and the buyers didnt pay
its ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom