Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How Long 'Till Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamcreative

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I'm just getting started in this world and I have a few domains I think are decent - maybe not $$$$$ but at least $$$. I have them posted at sedo and godaddy auctions. I've even contacted a broker or two and I'm getting NO activity at all. It's been about a week. Is this normal? Suggestions on increasing visibility?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

. . . . . . . . .
:faint:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it usually takes much longer...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to say without knowing the quality of the name.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hard to say without knowing the quality of the name.

The quality is obviously known without some shaking in a week or BIN set too high.

Also, if he's just starting and doesn't think they're worth XXXXX, rather XXX, they're most likely reg to XX. That's only safe to say when actually seeing the names though.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, if someone told you that you could do some quick domain flipping easily they most likely don't know what they're talking about. You're a few yrs late for easy or quick domain flipping, or at least you have to know enough now to buy names at decent prices and be able to resell higher quickly, you normally have to wait a lot longer than a week so it's not easy anymore. Try listing them on DNF too, and for some names try an O-C/O format w/a min offer or even in a combo w/a BIN if you see the auctions don't work (did you set a high auction reserve or high min bid ? if so that may be the matter w/the auctions) Also, in auctions on marketplace sites buyers cannot ask questions, or w/a BIN only, they can only do that w/the O-C/O format. IME auctions work best, just watch out if you don't set any min bid or reserve, they might get sold for $10 and you won't like it

And why did you even think you needed a broker ? Unless the names are highly specialized, ultra-premium, targeted to niche investors you don't know how to reach, etc....then why pay a broker a chunk as commission ? You're giving the names plenty of exposure on GD and Sedo (on Sedo you need someone to offer you at least $60 to even start an auction, did that happen yet ?) List on DNF, and even on NamePros if you also go there (Afternic, SnapNames, Flippa, Bido, there are plenty of places, but GD usually works best IMO) So, be patient lol, and good luck

:sleep:

So I'm just getting started in this world and I have a few domains I think are decent - maybe not $$$$$ but at least $$$. I have them posted at sedo and godaddy auctions. I've even contacted a broker or two and I'm getting NO activity at all. It's been about a week. Is this normal? Suggestions on increasing visibility?

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hi

I suggest, you reassess your expectations.

from reading many entry-level domainers' posts, most seem to find the "success" stories first.

then they search for more info that 'supports' claims of success, the sales venues, the blogs, the expiring domains lists.....then they read about the "GKWT"

after that, it's off to the regg race at gd, with pockets full of coupon codes

then...they come here or np or some other forum and ask questions, eagerly wanting to post the names they just registered.

then that's when the confusion and disappointment begins.

it's not critical of the Op personally, it's a pattern I've seen develop over time

:)

grahamcreative

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers. I guess I'm guilty of thinking I have lightning in a bottle. I'm also a bit confused on the listing rules here on DNF. I see people saying "appraise for me..." which to me looks like fishing for a buyer. Or everyone's signatures are populated with their domains. But there's a pay portion for sales. Can someone explain? I want to follow the rules and get max benefit as well.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you're sure that they're worth what you think they're worth and you want to sell them quick, I'd say go for a paid promotion on those marketplaces. It normally takes years to sell a domain.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're a platinum member, you're allowed to sell your domains freely as well as get appraisals in the gold forum.

However, read and fully understand http://www.dnforum.com/dnfrules.php before posting or modifying your signature. It's one of my pet-peeves to go through crap threads cause rules aren't followed.

webdom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of these answers. Easy and quick domain flipping is gone but only to a sense. Make sure it is only .com and that will assure you that you get a quick flip. It does not stop there. You need to invest in good names. It is better to have 1 .com that makes sense then 100 one word .info's unless you know how to market and sell. You need to market to get traffic to those names. You need to get the word out there. Marketing and selling are 2 things you need to master. Hope this helps.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom