Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How long to transfer domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamboo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a domain on Sedo and paid at once. Sedo received payment same day.
Next day stage "Seller preparing domain for transfer" started, and has been there 8 days now.
Sedo agent askes me to exercise patience without giving more information on the transfer.
How long do you normally wait for the domain transfer to be initiated and completed?
At what point in the time is it reasonable to demand your money back, if they do not transfer domain?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Contact Sedo to see the status of your deal, I would say 8 days is not the worst, remember you are dealing with an unknown seller who could be slow and then Sedo has to execute as well,...... a normal transfer could take 5-7 days once its started.

* If I really wanted the domain, I would wait a bit longer before demanding a refund

Good Luck
:yo:

S

SedoCoUk

I won a domain on Sedo and paid at once. Sedo received payment same day.
Next day stage "Seller preparing domain for transfer" started, and has been there 8 days now.
Sedo agent askes me to exercise patience without giving more information on the transfer.
How long do you normally wait for the domain transfer to be initiated and completed?
At what point in the time is it reasonable to demand your money back, if they do not transfer domain?

Hello bamboo,

The length of a transfer can vary based on several factors. If you can PM the domain name I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

bamboo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello bamboo,

The length of a transfer can vary based on several factors. If you can PM the domain name I can take a look into this for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

PM sent.

Also Lisa, could you please tell how those who don't respond to your transfer requests are treated by Sedo. Do you ban them from parking their domains, do you close their accounts, do you sue them? It would be interesting to know.

S

SedoCoUk

PM sent.

Also Lisa, could you please tell how those who don't respond to your transfer requests are treated by Sedo. Do you ban them from parking their domains, do you close their accounts, do you sue them? It would be interesting to know.

Hello bamboo,

Thank you for providing the domain. PM has been sent.

Thanks,

Lisa

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Bamboo,

To answer your question: Buyers automatically enter into a legally binding contract to purchase a domain from the seller if their offer is accepted by the seller or if they accept a seller's offer to sell. Both buyers and sellers should give careful consideration when making or accepting offers.

Sedo's user agreement requires buyers to pay for any domains they have committed to purchase. Buyers who refuse to follow through with domain offers that have been accepted by the seller are potentially liable to the seller for a breach of the sales contract.

Buyers who refuse to complete an accepted transaction risk having their Sedo accounts cancelled or other marketplace privileges revoked.

If a seller’s offer to sell a domain is accepted, the seller must transfer the domain once payment has been received. Accepting an offer constitutes a legally binding agreement and should be given serious consideration.

Once an offer has been accepted the buyer has a contract they can seek to have enforced in a court of law. Sellers who refuse to complete an accepted transaction risk having their Sedo accounts cancelled or domains blocked from being sold on the Online Marketplace.

All buyers and sellers should carefully review Sedo's User Agreement and Rules for marketplace activity, available via Sedo's Policies overview.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom