Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

question How many domain names do you have now?

This is a general or domain name related question.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 4,852 domains now. (4,600+ .com and 200+ others)
Would you be OK to share how many you sell on average per year out of your portfolio? Ideally with an average price, if you can. Thanks.

HiDomainer.com

Level 1
Reaction score
Would you be OK to share how many you sell on average per year out of your portfolio? Ideally with an average price, if you can. Thanks.

Thank you for your question, I cannot disclose too much data, it is confidential.

But I can share the average price of my domain sales this year.

It is $4,106.23 USD in 2021 ( This is the net result after removing the platform fees ).

In fact, the transaction price of most domain names is more than $5,000.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 200 now, but the majority of those are keyword domains for my main website and business that I'm babying. The type in traffic for redirects from them is cheaper than having to target all those keywords. It's also more effective as my budget would essentially be $1000 for the year, but I could eat that up easily just with the "hotel" keyword in a day.

HiDomainer.com

Level 1
Reaction score
I have about 200 now, but the majority of those are keyword domains for my main website and business that I'm babying. The type in traffic for redirects from them is cheaper than having to target all those keywords. It's also more effective as my budget would essentially be $1000 for the year, but I could eat that up easily just with the "hotel" keyword in a day.

Awesome, it’s better than selling domain names, I believe you have put in a lot of effort for this.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your question, I cannot disclose too much data, it is confidential.

But I can share the average price of my domain sales this year.

It is $4,106.23 USD in 2021 ( This is the net result after removing the platform fees ).

In fact, the transaction price of most domain names is more than $5,000.

With so many domains you need to sell high to cover expenses and portfolio management.

Renewal costs are $40,000 on a average.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 4,852 domains now. (4,600+ .com and 200+ others)
I don't like to tell people how many domains I own. The number is always fluctuating quite a lot.

Not enough good ones though. 😄

I'll be dropping a lot this coming year and focusing more on SEO domains and revenue generating websites.
Yes, I once have about 15,000 .com domains before, so i don't have time to the domain forum.
Dang! 😮

That's a lot of domains. How did you organize and manage?
And now my number of domains is less than 5,000, I have enough time everyday, so I came to DNForum.
Awesome to hear! 👍🏽

HiDomainer.com

Level 1
Reaction score
That's a lot of domains. How did you organize and manage?

I first learned about domain name investment because I started to build a website ( A computer technology forum ).

But soon I gave up this website because it couldn’t make money, it was just my hobby in computer technology.

And then I became a domainer, when the number of my domains reached several hundred, I found it difficult to manage them, so I developed a domain management script using PHP.

This script is the basis for me to increase the number of my domains to 15,000.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find this much more stable than relying on a CPC portfolio that can fluctuate a lot. @Biggie might have a different view about that though. From what I read recently, I think he's into parking, at least until he has a buyer.
Yes and I know how to do proper SEO.

When you have a website with a strong link profile and good content, you can earn revenue when you Target the right niche.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And then I became a domainer, when the number of my domains reached several hundred, I found it difficult to manage them, so I developed a domain management script using PHP.

This script is the basis for me to increase the number of my domains to 15,000.

Do you sell the script @HiDomainer.com?

How does it work?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When you have a website with a strong link profile and good content, you can earn revenue when you Target the right niche.
Very much so. I use the Keyword Planner tool to gaze and dream of obtaining that high of CPC on Adsense. :p

I don't think I've earned but $1.50 on my highest click though the bids are around $10. PPC does better than that sometimes, but you obviously can't have it as often, unless you have a killer name in a competitive niche that somehow people just keep typing in. I think the advent of search in the URL bar has slowed down type in traffic a bit though.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very much so. I use the Keyword Planner tool to gaze and dream of obtaining that high of CPC on Adsense. :p
I use KeywordFinder from Mangools. You have to pay for it but you get more specific and accurate keyword numbers.

I don't think I've earned but $1.50 on my highest click though the bids are around $10. PPC does better than that sometimes, but you obviously can't have it as often, unless you have a killer name in a competitive niche that somehow people just keep typing in. I think the advent of search in the URL bar has slowed down type in traffic a bit though.
PPC parking is dead for the most part.

Sure there are people that still do well with it. They are fewer of them though.

daren609

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello, I now have 18 domains, I know that not much but slowly I will try to do more and more of them, maybe in 4 months I will reach 100, it depends how fast I do

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, I now have 18 domains, I know that not much but slowly I will try to do more and more of them, maybe in 4 months I will reach 100, it depends how fast I do
I think that you should aim for the goal of getting it right than getting the quantity right. I often see the shotgun approach by newbies and then they scatter themselves so thin thinking they can get that 1 sale to renew their entire portfolio, but have to drop, and drop, ...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators