Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How many end users on DNF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell. But I'm an end user too. Sometimes I buy domain names in an end user capacity but most of the time it is as reseller.
Pure (non domainers) end users: not many I guess.
On the other hand there are TM people on board, for instance we have a member who works for Microsoft's legal department.

I guess that's it, most of us are end users to some extent. You can be considered an end user if you ever bought one domain for your own use.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would consider myself both as well. If I see development potential in a name that interests me, I will buy closer to what I see an end user price rather than waiting for BIN drops and hoping to get it for closer to resell value.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No idea about numbers, but several times I've been contacted by end-user buyers for domains I listed on DNForum half a decade ago. They are perplexed why I won't sell them at reseller prices :D

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez, thanks for the heads up... I guess I will have to go and hide the whois on the domain: MicrosoftIsMyFavoriteOperatingSystemOfAllTime.com :lol:

I agree with some of the other comments, and I think, we as domainers, are also end users in many cases.

Hard to tell. But I'm an end user too. Sometimes I buy domain names in an end user capacity but most of the time it is as reseller.
Pure (non domainers) end users: not many I guess.
On the other hand there are TM people on board, for instance we have a member who works for Microsoft's legal department.

I guess that's it, most of us are end users to some extent. You can be considered an end user if you ever bought one domain for your own use.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am primarily an enduser. I buy to resell as well when I find good ones in my niche that I won't use. But most of the income generated is in the domains I have developed into businesses for myself.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many names I have purchased on the forum are now sites I created so I guess I am an end-user as well.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of us are both, if I see I name I just need to grab I'll probably be willing to pay more for it than for a name I simply want for trade. But there can't be many guys here who are exclusively end users who don't trade names. And at some point the label may shift, ie I may buy a "killer domain" on dnf planning to develop (end user) and a year later I may gag at it and go... What was I thinking of...? and decide to sell it right here (trader)

:cool:

Really ? I wonder who he his, he probably wants to stay anonymous. I'd love to read his posts, though. I once saw a Google manager join DNF and apparently he was for real....

...... there are TM people on board, for instance we have a member who works for Microsoft's legal department.......

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, thank you very much people. That's good to know, appreciated. Howie.

nobody in their right mind who is also "not" a domainer, is going to wave the "i'm an end-user" flag around this joint.

but I've known for the longest that they've been here, and I ain't telling who they are

:)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That must be true, no one wants others to know they're actually end users (for the most part at least) who just like to hang out w/the DNF guys lol.... If sellers knew they'd try to charge them a lot more, or at least that must be their reasoning

I find that selling to end users, noobs, or even casual domainers may not necessarily work out in the end the way we all assume. The prevailing opinion is that when domainers sell to other domainers (that's most of the trade volume) those prices aren't that high, and sometimes you land an end user who wants your domain badly and will pay a lot more than domain traders. True enough. But sometimes those inexperienced buyers I mentioned simply cannot appreciate the value of a good domain, so they may in fact offer you less than a name trader no matter how you explain things to them, so....

Word to the wise .....LMAO ..... Don't always assume things in domaining..... and if you do, don't assume too much all of the time, you may get a bad surprise now and then...and good luck, Howie since you're new

:doh:

nobody in their right mind who is also "not" a domainer, is going to wave the "i'm an end-user" flag around this joint.

but I've known for the longest that they've been here, and I ain't telling who they are

:)

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a name on DNF via PM yesterday that I plan (when ever I get the free time) to create a site.

I never quite understood the mindset of a "domainer" who is trying to parlay less than desireable names by suggesting what the site could be...or what the letters stand for...etc.

Create it. Build it. Brand it.

Then sell it.

I laugh out loud at some of the supposed acronyms stand for for the LLLL's I see. Here and ebay is a real treat for laughing and giggling at what some are trying to convince others what their LLLL means.

It is difficult enough to sell a domain that essentially says nothing, means nothing, represents ... and then trying to sell an idea.

I do not advertise or attempt direct sales to end-users. I used to and then I tried to calculate how much that time equates to dollars (or pennies) that I spent on speaking to or contacting potential end users.

Lets face it...and you seasoned domainers know this: if the quality is there from the onset, the end user will find you. The most difficult part is distinquishing between an end-user, broker, or reseller. But if you look for the clues (some are HUGELY obvious) you will be able to determine if it is an end user. You know this because you know the name you have has an inherent value and a serious end user is typically going to open up the negotiations with a very good initial offer. These are people that know and demonstrate that they know the name has that inherent value. Sure, many will try to lowball the heck out of you. But that is tyipically not the true end user.

NAK

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I view end users as people who purchase domains with intent to develop and not resell.

"End", as in the name has reached it's final destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom