Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How many hours a week/month do you guys put towards Domaining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Title asks it all? Just curious cause my wife was a bit mad a month or two ago? How many hours do you put towards your domaining activities? Does it provide you enough income at the end of year whatever countdown you have in your mind; that it is worth it? :uhoh:

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the hours.

The income will vary so drastically depending on the portfolio, the prices paid, and the marketing tactics that it's not that meaningful to share stats. The cases are too different. And I wouldn't believe what people post in a public forum about their own success--especially when bragging and wishful thinking get mixed up with buying and selling to other people on here.

Yes, domainers can make money. Yes, people waste money on domaining. I'd be willing to bet that more people lose than win. However, that's not to say that domaining is luck--only that there are a lot of bad domain purchases made every day and a lot of badly written spam emails in inboxes.

If in doubt, I suggest spending the time and money on an MBA or some kind of additional professional training. Because salaries are better than what the average person will get from domaining.

That's not my ego speaking. Just the opinion of somebody who has just crossed over into the domaining industry and sees the enterprise as a business risk that may or may not be worth taking. Nobody should believe in easy money.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Made money? Yes.
Enough to compensate for all the hours I have put in? Not yet.
Still, better than spending countless hours watching TV or playing online games like most do.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably 30-60 hours per month, I'm part time. I agree with Bill, if you're going to be online, might as well be trying to earn some extra revenue, instead of only playing games, scanning Facebook, texting friends, etc. I think any 14 or 15 year old should be able to start some kind of online business that would make more than a min wage job, but most teens just use the internet for fun. I wish the internet had been around when I was a teen.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the moment, I'm putting anywhere between 40 - 60 hrs a week into domaining/building projects while not making enough money to live off.
Granted, these hours are not always as efficient as I want them to be. I also have a freelance job to pay for the bills etc but jobs are becoming incredibly less every month allowing me more time online.

keyword

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say around 60+ hours a week for finding the right domain in a niche I want to start, then building the website ready
to take all that lovely commission. Never park domains anymore I always develop. Development takes a lot of time up but is
so worth it in the long run.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems like i have been putting in 4+ hours on weeknights and sometimes more on weekends. It can be alot of information to absorb as i am a newbie. couple months worth of reading and some hand regs. I would love to make the first sale.. Many of my handregs are less than 60 days old and only the more recently bought ones are pry worth anything.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least 80 hours a week.

Adam

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Varies a lot for me. Typically between 2 and 14 hours a day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My domain income skyrocketed after I got divorced :D Enough said.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hard to say. I do a lot of work on my mobile and am always checking scripts. I need a wife :) Get those hours down to single digits.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd say 24/7

though i may not be online all day, everyday, my mind is always thinking domain names

whenever a truck with biz name goes by i look for web address, or a bus with ads on the side, reading a newpaper, watching tv, in meetings at work, even when sleeping sometimes i dream of names.

sometimes i wish my mind could be free of these thoughts....it's a blessing when you think of and find a good domain, and a curse when it's already registered.

:)

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont count them. A lot I guess.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm domaining while I sleep zzzz :sleep: I use to be really crazy and go "8 days a week" :drum:

now I have scaled it down to 24/7

:ballchain: I'm trying to balance more, but I need :help:

:juggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom