Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How many of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many of you have had success on afternic? I just noticed on dnjournal that attorneychicago.com just sold for over $4,000 and I own attorneyny.com. Only thing is im not sure if the $20 fee is worth it. Any suggestions?

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sell a name or two a month there...Their "DLS" service is decent...just remember to add the extra 10% they add to your price though. Overall, I guess it is worth it....for me at least.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I tried it a couple years ago and did not have good results so i didnt renew, but could have been chalked up to being a noob and weak domains. however now i have just signed up again in Sept. to give it another chance with stronger portfolio.

no bites yet however i initially had all domains set to minimum promotion. i just switched to expanded promotion last week or so. also i have not taken the time to optimze all the listings in proper categories and pricing etc. This is actually a pain in the ass for 400 + domains and it would be better if they had it automated to parse the keywords into categories.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone still pay the $20? I have not had much action from them recently so I am going to drop my account - I just don't want to pay the $20 hostage fee.

Anyone able to get them to drop the yearly fee?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, three sales = three nonpayments.

Just recently sent me an offer for free membership.

I ignored it just like they did when it came to my sales.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, three sales = three nonpayments.

Just recently sent me an offer for free membership.

I ignored it just like they did when it came to my sales.

I just got a message for me to renew my membership for $20...I am not interested in paying that...just wanted to see if anyone got a free offer.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone still pay the $20? I have not had much action from them recently so I am going to drop my account - I just don't want to pay the $20 hostage fee.

Anyone able to get them to drop the yearly fee?

they will on occassion offer free memberships for a year

they have also offered free memberships when someone uses them to broker a domain you own.

i'd never pay the fee, even if it is only $0.054 per day. :)

to the OP, your domain does not stack up against attorneychicago

if it were me, i'd just wait for an offer or proactively go after a buyer

imo...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I make good money with Afternic and Sedo, same amount of sales per year with them both but revenue far higher at Afternic.

Afternic is able to sell the big names, Sedo has not been able to for me.

-=DCG=-

CamMK27

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I make good money with Afternic and Sedo, same amount of sales per year with them both but revenue far higher at Afternic.

Afternic is able to sell the big names, Sedo has not been able to for me.

-=DCG=-

Adam,

From your exp, is aftenic more into end users selling? Do they sell domains at higher prices than they are sold at Sedo or other places?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From your exp, is aftenic more into end users selling? Do they sell domains at higher prices than they are sold at Sedo or other places?

Yes, Afternic specializes in end user selling and the names sell for higher at Afternic.

-=DCG=-

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had fewer sales at Afternic than at Sedo, but the average Afternic sale price has been far higher.

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have had an account with Afternic since 2006 and never sold a single domain name. Don't even get any offers.

We know the domain names are not rubbish as we get offers and have sold quite a few through Sedo.

We have spent considerable time categorising the domain names, describing the benefits of each one etc.

From the statistics in the interface, most of the domain names are getting zero views, so people are not even looking at them. That makes me concerned about the number of buyers using Afternic.

Are people getting many sales through Afternic?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom