Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How many people use the 4.1 trafficz.com manager still and how many use 5.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know how many people still use the "old" 4.1 manager and how many use the "new" 5.0 manager.

I would also be interested in a rough idea of how many domains people have who give their answers, in particular "a lot" versus "not very many."

My hunch is that those who have a comparatively large number will tend towards using 4.1, whereas those who don't have many (less than 400, say) will possibly be quite happy with the new 5.0 manager.

For the purpose of this thread, I would consider "a lot" to be 1000+ and not very many under 1000.

Personally I use the old 4.1 manager and find it far superior, far more coherent, and far more efficient for what I do than the new one, especially as I have quite a slow connection.

I have "a lot" of domains for the purpose of this thread (5000 to 10,000 range).

artoo

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like 5.0 manager,and use it always.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments artoo.

If you are happy to, please indicate whether you have a lot of domains (1000 plus) or less than 1000.

My feeling is that those who don't have a large number of domains will not mind the 5.0 manager and maybe like it.

artoo

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes I have less than 1000 domains,just about 500~

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have over 1K domains pointed towards TZ.

When I run a report I use 4.1.

I'm not happy with the 5.0 overall.

I feel Ammar should devote more resources towards his present customers instead
of spending alot of money on conferences and private parties.

It use to be that TZ was on the cutting edge. Now, I feel they are slipping.

sandibos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know how many people still use the "old" 4.1 manager and how many use the "new" 5.0 manager.

I have 1000+ domains and use both, but would be totally lost without 4.1!! Its stats are FAR superior. Its speed is better. It's the only way to search stats for a group of domains.

The stat I use most is the "Earnings Per Day" listed with each domain. This is the way I determine whether or not to renew a domain or let it expire. Losing the stats function of 4.1 would double my workload. If we lose 4.1, I would have to consider moving the bulk of my domains elsewhere!

But I have to say that I do like the "Edit Mode" of 5.0 and use it a lot. Creating pages are easier and there are more templates there.

Please, just leave BOTH managers and you'll have a happy domainer here!!

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 1000+ domains and use both, but would be totally lost without 4.1!! Its stats are FAR superior. Its speed is better. It's the only way to search stats for a group of domains.

The stat I use most is the "Earnings Per Day" listed with each domain. This is the way I determine whether or not to renew a domain or let it expire. Losing the stats function of 4.1 would double my workload.

Please, just leave BOTH managers and you'll have a happy domainer here!!

Thanks for your post sandibos

I have to agree with you on the points in the above quote.

The 4.1 stats are far superior, and it takes me probably 6 times as much time, if not more to get the nearest stats in 5.0 due to the extra clicks needed to get proper formatting and stats. And even then the stats and layout aren't good.

Unless Trafficz have changed their mind on this, 4.1 is due to be removed permanently at the end of this week. So maybe today.

I'm surprised more people who have a large number of domains haven't expressed an opinion on this.

For all those who don't want to lose the 4.1 manager, I suggest you write to your trafficz.com contact people and the catchall info address strongly urging them not to remove the 4.1 manager.

Thanks.

sandibos

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess they didn't listen to us. Manager 4.1 will be removed in November. Maybe more of us could protest?

Copy of the email from Trafficz sent to me:

Remaining in line with our pioneering past, we realize evolution and change is essential in our fast changing industry.

With this in mind, we released Trafficz 5.0 back in February to address our clients needs and requests.

Since releasing 5.0 10 months ago, we’ve been collecting feedback and making changes based on this feedback to further suite the needs of our customers.

5.0 is clearly a more robust and functional interface, providing all the features of 4.1 and more.

Although we’ve been supporting Trafficz 4.1 to provide more time for clients to become familiar and comfortable with the new interface, supporting two systems in parallel is not an efficient use of resources.

Please note that come November, TrafficZ will discontinue the use of 4.1 and dedicate those resources to further innovating and improving our technology to serve our clients needs and increase their revenues.

Thank you for choosing TrafficZ as you domain monetization solution.

Sincerely,

TrafficZ Client Relations Team

[email protected]

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like step one is to remove the graphics from 4.1 :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom