Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How many reseller's or shared accounts do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For delevoped domains? or do you have your own server?

I was reading threads of people with more than 100 developed domains and I started thinking do they have their own servers or have shared or reseller hostings.

Domain Days 2024

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For my developed sites I have my own server. I used to have a reseller, but they kicked me off.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nts said:
For my developed sites I have my own server. I used to have a reseller, but they kicked me off.

They kicked you out because of traffic?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They usually don't kick you off because of traffic (bandwidth) but because of server load. If you have a site or sites that use up a lot of resources they will usually ask you to upgrade to a dedicated server or move to another service.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank YOU!!! JDK!

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Trader that sounds like alot webpages.

Thank YOU!!!

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We do both.. for some things dedicated.. but then again virtual hosts are all that some domains / sites need.

So whatever works.

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recommend getting a virtual private server to start with and then move up to a ded server when you outgrow the VPS. VPS is also pretty cheap 30-50 per month and you get all the benefits of ded server until you outgrow the disk space/ bandwidth that comes in your VPS package.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is too early for me to get one. I only have like 18 domains I just moved one from sedo to another parking site that's my most valuable domain to date :)

Thank YOU!!! Nameguy!

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 4 hosting accounts and 2 colo servers. I started recently getting cheap hosting accounts to diversify. I feel I was being penalized by Google for having all my sites interlinked and also on the same IP/server. So I am spreading them out and ditching 1 of my colo servers. It will actually be cheaper for me.

Servage.net $7.50 a month
Dreamhost $22 for 1 year
1and1 $10 per month
Cabasca $20 per month

My colo are $105 per month each at Superb.net (I am very very happy there).

So my hosting is $40 per month and my servers are $210. However within 60 days I will have just 1 colo for $105+$40 =$145 per month...rather cheap imho. It took me a lot of time to get my hosting the way I want it. I totally manage my own server.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank YOU!!!!

I just moved one to a PPC site.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a
Dual Xeon 3.4 GHZ
4 gig of ram
two 400 gig drives through layeredtech and only about 16 domains parked on it.
I think I went a bit overboard with this one. I am thinking about downgrading to an athlon or something cheaper.
I have an athlon over at fdcservers but I have a proxy site loading it down and want to keep that server specifically for that.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have one reseller allthough all my domains on that account are under 1 shared account rather than seperate accounts, its easier to do backups etc that way. I got rid of a server roughly 3 months ago where I was hosting more sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom