Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How much are dictionary .us names worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$20 - $10,000+ depends on the word itself.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$67.93, give or take :smartass:

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree with MD. I think they are closer to $67.44 depending on the local weather of any metropolitan city at any given time, plus Greenspan's mood with interest rates, and add the amount of head chopping idiots in Iraq, minus the amount of kebab consumption in Egypt. So I stick to 67.44 for the next few seconds.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about with the GWRTV factor averaged out over the spread.
My calculations come to be $31.47
You guys are way off.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont know about that MH.

I heard that W's wife just farted.
I am sorry but that brings the London FTSE100's price for these at $67.48
Hey If Shrek2 and Spiderman2 keep at this rate, I can see this going to over $80

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
idictionary.us
edictionary.us
Still available. Worth 9 bucks....us :laugh:

M

mole

I don't think you should underestimate the power of the .US extension. Sure, everyone wants a .COM for its image of stability and defacto representation of the web. But .US domains have its own inherent branding values for the site that uses them well. As the web matures, users will mature and will quickly understand that navigation is more than just .COM. Germans, for example, use .DE religiously because it almost guarantees the site will be in German. I think global reach, local comfort should not be taken lightly. Google doesn't.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I don't think you should underestimate the power of the .US extension. Sure, everyone wants a .COM for its image of stability and defacto representation of the web. But .US domains have its own inherent branding values for the site that uses them well. As the web matures, users will mature and will quickly understand that navigation is more than just .COM. Germans, for example, use .DE religiously because it almost guarantees the site will be in German. I think global reach, local comfort should not be taken lightly. Google doesn't.

I don't think you can really compare Germans and Americans, and the situations in their respective countries/societies.

It is widely believed that average German citizen is inherently smarter than his American counterpart. That is because unlike an average American, who is brought up on a steady diet of localized mind-dumbing-brain-candy-smorgasbord of Jerry Springer, Jackass, WWF etc... average German is brought up with, more or less, educated and self-experienced international knowledge of other nations, cultures, values, trends, issues etc...

So, while average American, already weak on an independent self-thought process, further bombarded by the American corporate .com advertising messages, continues to identify internet with the letters .com, average German (aka "the independent thinker") is already aware of other extensions, or is at least willing to become aware that the world is a big place, and explore other extensions which might be offering different content etc...

And you can't compare .us and .de, either. Because to americans (even if they were aware of it,) .us is just another english language extension (in addition to most others) while .de is a strictly German extension that breathes and functions in German language only.

So, when Germans want to look inward, they visit local .de websites. And let's not forget that not every german speaks English, so for those .de is the only choice, and it alwyas be that way. While on the other hand .us is not, and will never be that way.

Now, this is not a general opinion on the future of .us extension, but just a comment that you can't compare situation in Germany, and in the U.S. and say, oh look German and English love their national extensions, so by the same token - we will too?

It's just not the same.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well said cappuccino. Even though I never drink coffee :)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cappuccino said:
.......That is because unlike an average American, who is brought up on a steady diet of localized mind-dumbing-brain-candy-smorgasbord of Jerry Springer, Jackass, WWF etc...
.......So, while average American, already weak on an independent self-thought process,

I now understand why I am "weak on an independent self-thought process".

I didn't know that before your posting.

Thanks!!! :-D

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really feel like someone here lives in a closet. American's as you say don't have
to fight to find there place on the internet. While the German business were drinking there beer and fixing there bmw and Mercedes-Benz and buying chrysler the american public was buying .com's so the need for .us wasn't nessessary. Because of the bust of the .com market we lost some .com's Important to industry. Lot's of major companies had to sell to create income. Now .com is more global than ever "Thanks to the United States". I can see the future of .com And so can everyone else. If you have money you can have a great name. In Germany, India, Euroupe, Asia, If not then the next best thing .us .jp .de .be .cn and so on. It does not matter who started it. The real issue is creating the webspace for the ext. Im an american and I own .info .biz .be .de .jp .us .org .net .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom