Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How much can you make from a Premium domain ranked spot #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

realestate

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm by no means a newbie to the domain world, however I am no expert either... I hear stories all the time about people that own big generic keyword domain names, mostly product domains. How much money can you make from these? I would like it if anyone had a real example that they could share with exact figures or close to it figures... Examples: (furniture.com, comicbooks.com, games.com) how much can you make on names of this caliber if they were spot #1?

Anyone out their want to give me some details?

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you can make $1 billion. Am I right?

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you can make $1 billion. Am I right?

Shooting a little high aren't you. You shouldn't expect to make much more than half that.

thisjeff

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many searches and what is the CPC for that keyword?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
probably should be looking at how much you would have to spend for development and maintenance on those types of ecom sites, before estimating profit margins.

the back-end ain't cheap

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is akin to a question you've probably been asked.. "How much money can you make with real estate?"

You could make nothing or millions, it all depends on so many different factors.

Generally, generic .coms get some google love though there metrics are always changing, with this in mind it can be an advantage in ranking near the top with that generic .com but not always a guarantee, especially if it has no links, age, or is already a very competitive market with many big-name sites already comfortably in the top spots.. if this is the case, even with something like furniture .com (because of how competitive it is), you will still probably need to set aside a huge budget for seo and work hard to get it to that top spot.. even though the name is one of envy in the furniture world. A premium name like that if it receives no type-in traffic or has no links already even if it is great might struggle to make hardly anything without the proper guidance. Every name is its own opportunity though, and the possibilities are as ranging as those in the brick n' mortar world too, much of the same applies. You could pay a premium for some prime downtown Dallas real estate which would already come equipped with a highly visible spot and some guaranteed passer-by customers, but without the proper management it wouldn't grow or succeed. The advantage with a premium dot com is that some also come with those passer-by customers in the form of type-in traffic... very few will sell a premium on this metric alone though.. so again with the premium price paid will need to be a plan for growth if you ever want to take it beyond a parking page domain.

elevatoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every domain is deferent from each other no one can compare the price of one domain to the other; surely, premium domains are highly priced based on the metric attained, i.e traffic, CPC, the niche type, age, <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->aesthetic (looks and feel) and finally the extension and if it is a .com, One can then consider the sales of relevant domain before talking of the worth. However, the end user is the only one who can determine the price of any domain. The price usually comes based on how they really need the domain. You can go to dnjournal to get more ideas on how you can price your premium domains. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom