Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How much do 3-letter .COMs go for these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iridium

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A couple of sales above $50k, a couple above 20k, a few around $10k and many in the low 4 figure range...
3-letter .coms always hold some value, and we are far from the period around 2 years ago where people would dump them around $300-$500, but are the few big ticket sales a rebound or are these just statistical errors?

I'd love to see everyone's opinion on this very important important matter ;)

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems that the bottom price for any 3-letter combination is now at least $1000.

mpadc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it worth grabbing hold of much 3 char .com at the moment and keeping it as a potential investment?

me thinks maybe in a few years time it will be soo rare it would probably be like goldust and maybe the price will increae?

im talking specifically about mixed onees i.e LLN, NNL, NLN and so forth?

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's possible but you could also use the funds to buy generic domains with typin revenue. In the time you wait for your 3char domains to increase you'll have got your investment back from the generic typins and still have a good domain to sell.

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$xxxx >

iridium

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To mitigate the risk, best it to get 3-letters that are frequently used as acronyms. Over 100k results in google is pretty good...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
croupier said:
That's possible but you could also use the funds to buy generic domains with typin revenue. In the time you wait for your 3char domains to increase you'll have got your investment back from the generic typins and still have a good domain to sell.

I would go this route.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes they will defently be worth more, just hold on to your 3 letters. Everyone is trying to buy them cheap now because they know they will be worth more. i think the price will double in a few years

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3-letter .coms are real gems, their price will double in 2 years or so.

Auction

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2 years ago $300-500 wasn't even considered dumping them it was more like decent reseller pricing. Recently there have been many sales of domains with two-three "junk letters" at $1,500+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom