Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How much do you use domain tools ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I meant, domaintools.com the former whois.sc.
I used to use it a lot, but when they changed the interface, even before the name change, they really screwed up things.
I had all my domains name, mine and other's domain which I monitor, there a couple thousands. And now for example, I can't find a domain name which says "already monitored", because I'm trying to add to certain folder I have. But it doesn't say where the domain is !!
That just one. Now, when you rename a folder you get a very dumb error saying the folder you're sitting on does not exist, of course it doesn't exit since it lookit up by name! Seems a kinder garden programmer mistake.
And list goes large...

Domain Days 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use it quite a bit. I actually have a short domain of mine set up so I can type ???.com/domaintolookup.com and it will foward to DT

NeoFlowers

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I meant, domaintools.com the former whois.sc.
I used to use it a lot, but when they changed the interface, even before the name change, they really screwed up things.
I had all my domains name, mine and other's domain which I monitor, there a couple thousands. And now for example, I can't find a domain name which says "already monitored", because I'm trying to add to certain folder I have. But it doesn't say where the domain is !!
That just one. Now, when you rename a folder you get a very dumb error saying the folder you're sitting on does not exist, of course it doesn't exit since it lookit up by name! Seems a kinder garden programmer mistake.
And list goes large...

I prefer DRT (DomainResearchTool). Very useful desktop software.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stick with real time (Not Cached) whois servers. whois.sc has possibly the best UI but the information is often wrong. I like godaddy's but hate the process. I usually use namespro.ca cuz its acurate and doesnt require any security key crap. When checking .ca specifically I go strait to the source.

idotz rarely resolves for the whois, but is fast for checking if domains are available and accurate as well it shows so many extensions real quick like.

So, to sum it up:

•Whois.sc/domaintools.com has my fav UI but is unreliable.
•godaddy is accurate but requires security key for each attempt.
•namespro.ca is accurate with good whois info in seperate popup window.
•idotz.net is very fast at checking available domains, but doesnt resolve whois often.

There's a gazillion whois sites, in the end the closer you can get to the source the better.

poing

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For whois queries I like iwhois.com a lot. You can access any domain (in most TLDs) by going to iwhois.com/dnforum.com . They have a very helpful bookmarklet etc.

DomainTools.com has got a whois history, though, which is a very helpful feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom