Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

how much overture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajthegreat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much overture would a domain have to have for your guys to purchase it. If you found an unregistered domain with like 10 overture would it be worth the price to register it?

I am talking about a domain that has never been registered. I know how the expired domains get last months overture boosted from scripts and such.
Would you purchase if it had a around the 10 range?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be impossible to find a name with 10 Overtrure's as their minimum number of returns to report on is 25.

Even if 25 plus it depends on the name itself and other factors. You can easily get burned buying based on only the suggestion tool numbers as I have seem many with high returns but no real traffic once put online, that happens for several different reasons.

ajthegreat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if it was 25 would you risk the 7 dollars personally?
Thanks for the reply

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a domain has 30+ in overture and it looks like typin traffic or typo, for $7 bucks- sure.

But you have to watch out, don't go regging names on OVT value alone.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ajthegreat said:
So if it was 25 would you risk the 7 dollars personally?
Thanks for the reply

Normally it's well worth registering. However, I am letting a bunch drop which had good ST numbers at the time of registration ranging from 25 to 200 plus and actually got zilch traffic. In fact, 3 of them with high OV's greater than 200 never even had one hit when put on a counter for a few weeks! There are several interesting and little known reasons for that happening.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what reasons could explain such phenomena?

ajthegreat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might just be a wild guess. But I find the overture number usually drops to about 1/3 of the month of the month before it dropped, probablly because of all the people interested in the dropping name were inflating it. And after a couple of month I have found that the new overture number usually relates to how many daily type in I will get for that domain.
I have no statistical evidence to support this, just a wild guess at this point :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to see more on this discussion.
I found similar results, ov rating, but then no or very little traffic.
I have my ideas about why, too.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe a site has to be developed to take advantage of OV results.

an obvious variable would be the fact that certain keywords have had SEO experts working on them.

high competition is bad even for good OV because you still need to be higher ranked in the search engines.

ajthegreat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
I would like to see more on this discussion.
I found similar results, ov rating, but then no or very little traffic.
I have my ideas about why, too.

I am interested. What are you ideas as to why that happens with the OV rating? d:)

ajthegreat

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Normally it's well worth registering. However, I am letting a bunch drop which had good ST numbers at the time of registration ranging from 25 to 200 plus and actually got zilch traffic. In fact, 3 of them with high OV's greater than 200 never even had one hit when put on a counter for a few weeks! There are several interesting and little known reasons for that happening.

Did you register them as expired domains or as domains that were not expired but had OV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom