Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How much secure is it really??

Status
Not open for further replies.

john211

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They say moniker.com is the most secure registrar, but how secure is it exactly? What are the exact additional steps moniker use to make it more secure over other registrars?
I mean, the regular registrar has that registrar-lock thing, which is suppose to protect you if someone manages to get your login info. Thats the most nonsense thing I've heard. For all I know, when I go to my godaddy account, all I have to do is chose my domain, click "unlock", and there it goes, I just receive an email saying it got unlocked, and voila! No confirmation or anthing else to do. Thats not what I call secure. And I heard godaddy sucks when it comes to customer support.
I'm looking for another registrar right now, and since Im looking to buy some expensive domains, I want something secure! I looked all over the internet and can't really find something to ABSOLUTELY and 100% secure a domain. Moniker is as close as it gets with their 0 hijacked domain thing. I just wanna know what exactly do they do. I mean, if someone installs some spyware on my computer and get all my passwords for my moniker and hotmail account, could they if they wanted get my domains unlocked and transfered, or does moniker require something like phonecalls and signatures?

Thank you

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No registrar will offer absolute 100% protection, but Monte looks like he runs a tight ship.

The registrar lock is intended to protect against someone initiating a transfer from another registrar without your permission.

Of course, if someone gets your login information, there's nothing that the average registrar will do. It's your responsibility to keep your login information secure.

Reaction score
Never lost a name to theft since the start of our company. we are the only registrar that can claim they have never lost a domain - of any size that is.

We have a 5 tier domain security and protection system that also includes human review for all transfer out requests.

john211

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there something else that justifies the 18.99 per domain, the security issue IMO would justify it, Im just wondering if theres an additional service or product attached to the domain. 18.99 must be the highest I've seen.
Pretty cool to see the CEO on the forums. :greencool:

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
John-

We will definitely take care of you. We will provide you the best in class service, security, and domain asset management, while helping you grow the value of your portfolio. We can also help you to aquire names through our brokerage services and live domain auctions.

Pricing for DNF members:

$6.95 .com / $5.49 .net / $6.95 .org / $4.49 .info ( .net and .info rate apply new Registration only, transfer and renewals are $6.95)

If you send us your acct # I will get that pricing set up for you, fund your account, and invoice you based on the total number of domain credits /funds you want in your account. We prefer that you pay by check by pre-funding your account. You can purchase by credit card in the meantime.

We would also extend these rates (.net and .info renewal and transfers will be $6.95) to you for the transfer /consolidation of your names to Moniker, and we would do all the work to make sure your names are quickly/safely transferred with no interruption to any domains or websites. Just send us the list of your portfolio of names and I can assist you further in completing the transfers. We may offer you payment plan to consolidate your names. As this not only saves you a tremendous amount of time managing names scattered between registrars, but it saves Moniker a tremendous amount of time as well.

We also recently launched a .com/.net testing system you can use in conjunction with your TrafficClub account. If you cancel .com or .net registrations within the 4 day grace period you will get refunded the registration fee less a 25 Cents delete fee. This will be available for limited time depending on how long the registry allows.

To register your Moniker account:
http://www.moniker.com/newaccount.jsp

To register your TrafficClub account:
http://www.trafficclub.com/account/apply/

Please remember to send us your Moniker account number and TrafficClub username to [email protected] !

John A. Mauriello
[email protected]

O - 954-984-8445
Toll Free - 800-688-6311
F - 954-969-9155

www.Moniker.com- ICANN Accredited Corporate Domain Management Services
www.DomainSystems.com- Domain Sales & After-market Services
www.CoolHandle.com - World Class Hosting and Email Solutions

john211

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks, definitely looking to do some business with Moniker. I think I found my registrar of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom