Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How much time does Escrow.com takes to charge you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is the first time I use escrow.com to buy a domain.
I have the domain and even I moved it from the original registrar to my registrar of choice.

I would think they charge my credit card when both parties received the email saying "Payment secured. The Seller was notified to ship merchandise.", right?
I mean, if they say they secured the payment, they mean they secured it.

But I see my credit card statement and it is not on it. I verified it online and on bank by phone. They didn't charge. I wonder what are they waiting. It was almost two weeks ago.

In escrow.com, the transaction looks normal: "Funds disbursed. Final closing statements sent to both parties."

BTW, do they pay the seller immediately after the deal is done? or do they have certain day of the month to make all the payments ?

Domain Days 2024

interlution

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You paid, Escrow.com said they received the money, and it's not on your credit card after 2 weeks?

Did you use the right card number? :)

Sounds like the transaction is closed. Payments are sent immediately after the escrow closes and it says funds disbursed, no certain day of the month, as far as I know.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Weird, right !?
I have a lot of credit cards, well, like 5, but I know I'm checking the correct one because I'm seeing the printed form I faxed with the credit card picture on it.
I've seen delays on charges for periods of days before, that's not new, at least on my cards, but I think two weeks is a bit too much.
May be they just forgot to apply the real charge ?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't appear a year later with a lawyer.

I've had weird stories about credit cards in the past. Years ago, me and another 4 persons went to a one week software course at Oakland and paid using the boss' Amex about $12,000USD. Like two months later they called me and told me the charge didn't proceed for unknown reasons. I forwarded him to the accounting department and never heard of him again. I'm in Mexico, I guess they just could not explain the problem and ask for reisueing the charge or pay by check.
A year later, a vulture lawyer from a company devoted to collect debt called be and manace me with legal proceedins and blah, blah, blah. and offering a "discount" if I pay before 2 days.
I then called back to the company and told them how idiots they were and how so easy they gave up in collecting the funds for themselves. My company, a big one with a lot of money, had enough for pay that. I told him he was offending me and my company by sending us a lawyer and that I was willing to pay to them, the original amount. They told me I should talk with mr. vulture who was its legal representant for collecting the funds.
Then I put my lawyer vs the debt collector and we ended paying them $5,000.00 only.
This happens only in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom