Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How Much To Charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am redeveloping one of my sites due to an increase in business and partnership. Lately I have been getting alot of requests for advertising on the site. The site is a Google PR5 with an Alexa ranking of around 100,00. The industry is professional sports, mainly football, baseball, hockey and basketball, so I am getting requests from sports agents, marketers, ticket sales sites, memorabilia, etc. How much should I charge for ad placement? I am looking for ideas for both banner and text links. And the traffic will be increasing over the next few months due the the acquisition of another site.
Thanks in advance.

Nodnarb

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would suggest this - start with bi-weekly ad space, so you can adjust your prices quickly rather than being locked into too low of a price for too long. Don't accept more than say 4-6 weeks worth of advertising from one advertiser. Basic advice is to beware of someone trying to lock in a low rate for an extended period of time, knowing that you have a good thing going on. And, be flexible enough with your pricing not to overcharge and scare them off.

Your sales momentum will determine if your pricing is "right." Too fast = too low / too slow = too high.

Finally, you might charge more for top positioning, and less for middle page, and less for bottom of page positioning. Sell site-wide for more than category/sport specific listings.

Don't cheap it out. It's easier to lower prices, or bundle higher priced items into a discounted package, than it is to start low and raise your prices. Sounds like a fun opportunity to figure out though! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom