Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How much to spend going to TRAFFIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
--I know the cost of a TRAFFIC trade show as to the admission fee and did see Adam Dicker sometimes offers discounted fee for dnf users.-

-But would like to get an idea on how much you can expect to spend average on attending one by yourself.-- There is one in fl this month but I had to pass on that one.-But average anywhere?

with airfare, hotel, meals, misc. and so on

--

Domain summit 2024

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not been to a traffic before, but I go to similar conferences in similar hotels 4-6x/year.

You pretty much have named the minimum expenses for a trip like this. In addition to the conference ticket, hotel and air, expect to pay...
- mid-high $xx/day to eat in the hotel restaurants
- low-mid $xx taxi fare each way (unless there is a hotel shuttle, in which case you are just out a small tip)
- depending on how far you are flying, low $xx to eat at the airport, each way

Obviously, you are on your own for entertainment.

You can bootstrap a lot of this, if you have more time than money. There is usually a smaller hotel or even motel in walking distance to these bigger places, where you can save as much as 75% on the cost of a room. Be aware of the expected weather reports, and if it is really hot or wet out, budget for a quick cab ride just in case. You can pack your own snacks for the trip, and do a little shopping at a nearby market for food while you are there.

I like kayak.com to find the best airfare, though they do not list a lot of the budget airlines, so check places like southwest.com and allegiant.com directly. You can use kayak to find other hotel options as well, but be sure to check out venere.com as I have found deals there that were better than anything on any deal aggregation sites. You may be able to save a few bucks by arranging shuttle transportation ahead of time, if it exists. Worth looking into.

A lot of the big hotels are including internet access in room rates now, but the ones that aren't often charge $15-$20/day, so see if you can tether your phone instead.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jack, the problem is that you have to buy the full package. From the registration details, you can't just buy tickets to the events, only the whole thing. I looked at it last year, and see it's coming soon again this year, just glanced through this years registration details, and it looks very similar to last year. I actually live a few miles away from where the event is being held, but even if I were to buy tickets (which includes a room at the Ritz), I would be lucky to have enough time to go to the weekend portions, and would have to stay at my house to take care of my dogs & cats anyway, so I don't bother. If they were to sell tickets by the day, without requiring a full registration or hotel package, I would consider it. Registration link is here: http://targetedtraffic.com/register/reg.select.php

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On average it will probably set you back around $4,000 give or take.

Lots of conferences are pretty pricey.

Last edited:

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are some very broad estimates from experience...
$400 roundtrip domestic flight
$100 taxi fairs to/from airport to hotel
$1500 conference ticket bought in advance
$1200 4 nights at conference hotel
$300 food/drink ($75/day 4 days)
---
$3500 ballpark estimated cost

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you tried asking them directly if there is a day ticket? I'm not saying they will, but I have seen it happen before. Worst they can do is say no.

And the ticket price is for the conference only. Hotel is separate. The good news is that it looks like most of the meals are included...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's like asking how long is a piece of string.

Costs vary depending on your proximity to the event. E.g. an event in Vegas will set you back more, if you're located on the East coast. Accordingly, if you're on the West coast and plan to attend the Florida event that will cost more than if you're a local.

The sure cost is the event ticket: always buy it during the early bird discount period, it can be as low as $999. Hotel room availability determines its pricing, and although you might save by staying at a nearby "motel" you won't be able to have a good experience as when you stay at the venue; driving back and forth can cost you a lot (plus you can't drink and drive!)

Flight tickets can be bought at current rates; the earlier you book them, the cheaper they will be.

Keep in mind that unless you treat the entire cost as a business expense, it might be prohibitive to attend.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Planning to attend the Conference.
The boat on Cuba is already booked. But I have a question. What do you think guys, would it be possible to stay in a tent on the beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators