Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

How risky is buying popular lll.com which is also tm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenlake

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I came across real good LLL.com for sale. However - I noticed there are many companies having TM on this LLL in different areas ( banking, printing, etc..), for difefrent purposes.
Some of the best LLL like REX.COM or DOT.COM and many others ,are trademarked by many companies, for fifferent uses.
Does that mean you take big risk buying such LLL? Because if you park it, you'd display ads in variety of categories and that might trigger one of the TM holders to claim the domain.
am I right?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on the TM. If it is very famous and distinctive, you are in for a fight. However, if a zillion companies all use the same mark in different fields (for example: Delta), then just get your own legitimate use.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't park my LLL.com, you just never know you might infringe on some obscure TM somewhere... if lufthansa can win LH.com based on the LH callsign that nobody knows outside the aviation industry - you know anything can happen :)
The best protection is to use the domain and avoid conflicts with the most famous TM matching the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom