Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

How should I arrange payment with this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm acquiring a site right now for about $5000 CND. But we're having a dilemma with figuring a way to pay.

He wants it via PayPal and then to his bank account before he'll transact with me (which should be 3 days). Problem is, I don't want to wait for it to get to his bank, plus I don't have $5k CND in my paypal.

He doesn't want seem to want cash for some reason. How can I get this money to him safely as fast as possible without waiting?

Thanks

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm, but bankwires take soooo long?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no they don't - bankwires are instant.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wired is the fastest.
western union.

Or escrow.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't care about security: wire or western union is instant. But if it's just a plain jane domain transaction you might want to consider taking an extra day or so to use escrow.com if you have any security doubts... I've never heard of a legitimate seller who wouldn't use escrow.com for a domain transaction, but I guess it all depends how far into the deal you are.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree,if large amounts involved use escrow only,everything else is to unsafe including paypal but dont panic the site is going nowhere for a couple of days and if the seller is sincere he wont mind !

Maybe dnforum could think about doing something and charge a small fee ?

Good Luck !

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
insomnia said:
He wants it via PayPal and then to his bank account before he'll transact with me

(bah) , sounds fishy to me, especially for an amount like that. The "then to his bank account" part brings the piscine level (hah! what a word!) to Five Fishes. Escrow.com.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow for sure.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, hes just one of those guys whose scared to death to keep a paypal balance, but then again a lot of people are ;)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned it only takes 2-3 days to transfer to bank account. Plus the one paying wouldn't be able to file a paypal complaint on the fees. On the other hand I do not run a shady business practice so I am not out to fraud people. Just have to keep my eyes open for those who try to shaft me and others. ;)

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you're dealing with the real owner - try calling them on the phone number that's listed in the Whois; do some Googling around / check archive.org for history of the domain - contact previous owners, if applicable, if things seem dodgy.

Anyways, definitely insist on escrow.com - it never ceases to amaze me how quickly scammers disappear and never reply back as soon as I insist on escrow via escrow.com.

Ron

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www said:
(bah) , sounds fishy to me, especially for an amount like that. The "then to his bank account" part brings the piscine level (hah! what a word!) to Five Fishes. Escrow.com.

i concur. don't pay a dime till you have security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom